Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
OK I just got my 2018...I tried the 92 recent alcohol which worked on previously cars, then I went to the hair dryer. No luck! What is going on? I'm afraid to try acetone as it might melt the plastic. Anyone had any luck? Hate those stickers and the cover ups!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
black automotive trim tape. Five minute job. not enough time for a full beer job.

Text Material property Font Label

·
Registered
481 Posts
I hate these too. It used to be you get the Euro versions without stickers but our safety paranoia has found its way across the water in a somewhat limited way - from what I've seen recently, the Euro driver's side is still without the warning stickers but the passenger side now has one.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
That method might have worked pre 2018, but they changed the glue as no amount of 90 percent alcohol, heat or prying will that off. Acetone is next!

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo PP
131 Posts
Visor Decal Covers

Line Architecture Wood Window screen Window

Green Architecture Grass Tree Vehicle door

Green Vehicle door Architecture

I was worried about tearing up my Alcantara sun visors if I attempted to remove the warning decals.
I bought a sheet of 3M Carbon Fiber decal film for $20 on EBay then I borrowed my assistant's Cricut machine and made some sticker covers.
These Cricut machines are popular with scrapbookers and crafters for making stickers and tee shirt transfers.
The job took about 30 minutes.
They can be peeled off if i want to go back to the original look.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo PP
131 Posts
I have the Agate Grey interior. It looks like brown in some light conditions.
I used Black Carbon Fiber material and it blends in nicely.
It's a lot less noticeable than the red and yellow on the warning decals.

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
183 Posts
I originally covered my sun visor seat-belt stickers with vinyl wrap. Same stuff you can use on your dash trim or exterior, but it started to peel off within a week. Tried again using a professional, same problem. I'm 90% sure my visors are vinyl, so I thought it would adhere better.

I couldn't get the stickers off with the hairdryer or 90% isopropyl alcohol methods described above. I attempted to saturate the decal for over an hour, but no luck.

I then tried cover-up decals and they worked very well. Bought from ebay from nfldcoffee. Similar to this ad: Porsche Sun visor Cover-up decals 991 971 Boxster 911 Cayenne Carrera 2011-21 | eBay $17 US for 2 decals. The black material matched my visors almost perfectly. The decals are .2mm thick vinyl. Being very thin, you can barely detect the edge of the decal and it blends into the visor. The decal takes on the texture of the material below it, including any imperfections in the original seat belt label. Labels can be trimmed to size, although mine were a proper fit.

Easy to apply:
1) Clean visor thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol
2) Remove decal from backing material. Take care not to let the decal fold onto itself.
3) Spray water onto the sticky part of label
4) Appy decal onto visor over seat belt label. As long as it's wet, you can move it around. You have at least 20 seconds of play time.
5) Wipe excess water off with soft cloth. Work out air bubbles with a straight edge (I used a 6" plastic ruler) or cloth. Do not press hard as it may crease or score label. Labels are resilient and even if you do something wrong, gentle manipulation with a soft cloth should remove the problem.
6) Hold the label in place for ~1 minute and use the soft cloth to remove any imperfections and tap down the edges. Mine adhered well from the start and the edges were not a problem
7) After 10 minutes, remove any remaining moisture.

Cloud Rectangle Automotive exterior Shade Wood

I'll report back in ~60 days to confirm that the decal is still holding well. But after a week, I can confirm it's much better than the vinyl wrap solution.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I originally covered my sun visor seat-belt stickers with vinyl wrap. Same stuff you can use on your dash trim or exterior, but it started to peel off within a week. Tried again using a professional, same problem. I'm 90% sure my visors are vinyl, so I thought it would adhere better.

I couldn't get the stickers off with the hairdryer or 90% isopropyl alcohol methods described above. I attempted to saturate the decal for over an hour, but no luck.

I then tried cover-up decals and they worked very well. Bought from ebay from nfldcoffee. Similar to this ad: Porsche Sun visor Cover-up decals 991 971 Boxster 911 Cayenne Carrera 2011-21 | eBay $17 US for 2 decals. The black material matched my visors almost perfectly. The decals are .2mm thick vinyl. Being very thin, you can barely detect the edge of the decal and it blends into the visor. The decal takes on the texture of the material below it, including any imperfections in the original seat belt label. Labels can be trimmed to size, although mine were a proper fit.

Easy to apply:
1) Clean visor thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol
2) Remove decal from backing material. Take care not to let the decal fold onto itself.
3) Spray water onto the sticky part of label
4) Appy decal onto visor over seat belt label. As long as it's wet, you can move it around. You have at least 20 seconds of play time.
5) Wipe excess water off with soft cloth. Work out air bubbles with a straight edge (I used a 6" plastic ruler) or cloth. Do not press hard as it may crease or score label. Labels are resilient and even if you do something wrong, gentle manipulation with a soft cloth should remove the problem.
6) Hold the label in place for ~1 minute and use the soft cloth to remove any imperfections and tap down the edges. Mine adhered well from the start and the edges were not a problem
7) After 10 minutes, remove any remaining moisture.

View attachment 247017

I'll report back in ~60 days to confirm that the decal is still holding well. But after a week, I can confirm it's much better than the vinyl wrap solution.
This looks great! I hate the yellow label too so I might do this if it holds up for you.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts