Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New member here. I have searched the entire forum and googled it as well but I cannot find a single thread on how to remove thr upper dash vents where the clock is attached to.

I was able to take untab the front corners but I feel something is holding it in middle and I cannot pull it out. Of course I am not using too much force to not break the vents.

anyone who removed the upper vents before ? Please step in for some hints so that I don’t end up breaking it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Welcome to the forum @NasTerry

Look at post #27 in the linked thread...

I have taken this trim out more times than I can count during my Bose speaker upgrade.

Follow the instructions in the link provided. But once you push and press away one side to free up the J-hook, I find it easier to slightly tilt the trim towards the unhooked j-hook and then press on that one and free it up. Once both j-hooks are free, you can carefully pull the trim up. You will still need to disconnect the clock.

Let us know how you did. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum @NasTerry

Look at post #27 in the linked thread...

I have taken this trim out more times than I can count during my Bose speaker upgrade.

Follow the instructions in the link provided. But once you push and press away one side to free up the J-hook, I find it easier to slightly tilt the trim towards the unhooked j-hook and then press on that one and free it up. Once both j-hooks are free, you can carefully pull the trim up. You will still need to disconnect the clock.

Let us know how you did. Good luck.

Thanks alot! Now I understand what is holding that freakin vent. I also have a Cayenne and it does NOT have these hooks so it is much much easier to get that vents out. I am not sure why Porsche decided to add that hooks but oh well.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Thanks alot! Now I understand what is holding that freakin vent. I also have a Cayenne and it does NOT have these hooks so it is much much easier to get that vents out. I am not sure why Porsche decided to add that hooks but oh well.
Hey @NasTerry... If you have the Bose audio system, do yourself a favor and while you have this trim out disconnect that crappy center speaker...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey @NasTerry... If you have the Bose audio system, do yourself a favor and while you have this trim out disconnect that crappy center speaker...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But I am not seeing any negative effect while having it connected

1 - 5 of 5 Posts