Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into a 3 year old GTS with cpo, meaning I would have 3 years of remaining warranty. How do most of you feel about the likelihood of expensive repairs after that on these vehicles? AS, transfer case etc. do any of you look at warranties past that? Thanks much.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you look at sites that use statistically meaningful data Such as JD Power and Consumer Reports, you will see the Macan has faired pretty well with reliability ratings.

That being said, German cars do have a tendency to be expensive to repair, and cars don't tend to last forever without needing some repairs.

Curious where you would be buying a warranty after the CPO warranty expires and what would it cost. I would think if a trustworthy warranty company markets one it would be wildly expensive and you might be better off putting the cost in the bank toward future repairs.

Interesting that you ask specifically about AS as very few Macan owners have has problems. Are you perhaps thinking about the issues other manufacturers have had with AS in the past such as Land Rover, Jeep, and Mercedes?

Out of warranty transfer case replacements could be expensive, but keep in mind only a small percentage of Macans have had transfer case problems.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
You didn't mention how many miles on it. You are more concerned about 'years' than 'miles'.

I've been a member for a little more than a year now. The only issues I see with any repetitive nature are the TC and the timing chain cover leakage. Rarely, valve cover leaks.

My recommendation to you is to ask the service department to put it up on a lift, drop the front belly cover, grab a flashlight and look yourself for any leaks along with the mechanic. And, if there is, either get it fixed or walk away if they push back on you to repair it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Bruce, I mention years because I run out of warranties by years before miles. I am looking at CPO cars with under 30,000 miles and most are 3 years old. I average 10,000 miles a year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts