Porsche Macan Forum banner
201 - 220 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Crap... I got this dreaded error message the other day. It went away after a restart, but when I tried to drive it to the dealer yesterday it popped up again along with 4 other messages and is now undrivable. Porsche Roadside is on their way this morning to take the Car and I out to the dealer. The error codes I saw were "reduced engine output, failure of engine control system, all wheel drive failure w/ rear wheel drive only, PASM fault, and auto start/stop and sport mode deactivated. Ugh... I sure hope it doesn't turn out to be what @d13kim went through! Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, which gives me some ammo to take with me on the possible causes. Wish me luck!
GL...it can be a single component that's throwing all the error messages. I hope it's a simple fix.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
It is a clamp, but it is fastened by a bolt as you see on vacuum hoses.

My repair note says - torqued bolt to spec.
Anyone find out exactly which hose clamps?

At least 3 of the clamp hex nuts are easy to access if you pull the engine cover and front cover. You can remove these covers using fingers as your tools. I suspect 2 more are slightly hidden by the air cleaners.

I'm assuming they use the term "vacuum" loosely for a forced induction system.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Wow! Sounds worse than mine. I got only one of those four error messages and at least my car was driveable. Good luck and keep us posted on what happens.
Thanks pal. Thankfully it was very simple... see below.

Wow, you hit the jackpot of failure messages! Just be glad there was no self-destruct sequence. How many miles on yours?
Only 5,200 miles in first year.. I don't drive enough I guess, or need to take a really long road trip!

GL...it can be a single component that's throwing all the error messages. I hope it's a simple fix.
You nailed it... it was most definitely a single component.

So, a few weeks back, I posted that I had installed the Sprint Booster to my accelerator module. Worked perfectly as advertised and I was really digging it. As soon as the tech plugged in to read the error codes it pointed right to the accelerator. He came out to talk to me and I explained that I had installed it a few weeks back and it has worked perfectly. He disconnected it, reprogrammed everything and it was back to normal. Just to test, he hooked it up again all the errors came back. So, it's one of two things... I either have a Sprint Booster that failed, or the Macan finally decided it didn't like the **** thing. The factory is sending me a new one, and if it does it again I'll just get a refund. The only bad part is that I'm out a 1/2 hour of labor either way for him taking the time to mess with it. (and a 1/2 day of time wasted). Some other folks on here have installed the Sprint Booster, so I'm going to update that thread to see if they have experienced anything like this, or to at least warn them!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I decided to do some testing last nite, and in 4th gear, sport + mode, starting at around 4,000 rpm, at WOT the boost goes up to 14psi and settles at 13psi. I never see 17psi, and I have only seen 16psi once for about a split second right after mashing the throttle in a lower gear.

Shouldn't the boost be building and reaching its maximum in the higher rpm's???

I think I'm going to call monday to see if I can get my software reflashed. Just curious on what others think.

·
Premium Member
2015 Macan Turbo, 2017 911 C2S/X51 ERE
593 Posts
@wely324 - i'll check mine on the way back from Daytona later this PM but can tell u my boost doesn't go any higher than urs. One would have thought PAG would have allowed for higher boost than that, for short blasts.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I decided to do some testing last nite, and in 4th gear, sport + mode, starting at around 4,000 rpm, at WOT the boost goes up to 14psi and settles at 13psi. I never see 17psi, and I have only seen 16psi once for about a split second right after mashing the throttle in a lower gear.

I think I'm going to call monday to see if I can get my software reflashed. Just curious on what others think.
Mine is pretty much the same as urs. Let us know if they make any changes for u..

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Finally got my Macan Turbo into the local Porsche service shop at 1200miles, after that "Reduced Power" check engine light a couple weeks ago. They determined that a P059F radiator louver fault occurred. The radiator lovers were not accuating, but they found no problem with them. So they performed WF74 DME reprogram campaign update and said that took care of it.

They also performed a WF80 campaign - Reprogram all-wheel drive control unit. I had not noticed any problems.

I had requested they reprogram my AS 25 mm lower. TThey said they were not able to do it, and their report stated "no provisions on tester".

Would it be useful to put all software updates and recall campaign info into a separate thread for future reference?

·
Premium Member
593 Posts

I posted elsewhere but wanted you to know that I had boost issues tool, especially with 87 octane regular I accidentally put in it. My boost was pretty much the same as yours. After the dealer service shop flash-updated my ECU software, and running 93 octane premium blend, it now runs a steady 17 psi up thru the lower gears, as long as i dare to run WOT.

My guess is the 17 psi is probably overboost for short bursts for higher than rated Hp and torque, like what I read what the 911 Turbo S does in Sport+ mode. A nice and safe feature to have.

Anybody else have a similar experience? Mine is a MY2015 built 4/15 and i bought it new in late Nov after the fuel line recall.

·
Premium Member
7,138 Posts
I think only Turbo goes to max 17 psi. The S only goes to max 15 psi.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Oh [email protected]! Bad news... :(

As I was driving yesterday my GTS behind a slow moving vehicle, I had a chance to pass him as there was an opening in the traffic. So I signaled, changed lanes, press the accelerator, and I felt the quick acceleration and oomph, got up to 5K RPM and then...

I felt the loss of power, and the yellow warning message saying "Reduced engine power. Consult a workshop. Driving permitted"

After getting home and parking, I started the engine again, and the error had cleared. Then I read all about this error in this forum, and realized that very soon I would be seeing this message again.

I called the dealer and made an appointment for the evening. On the way there, once again, after a quick acceleration, the warning came on the display once more. But at least I was able to drive to the dealer and show it to the service advisor.

After taking the vehicle to the back, he said that according to the diagnostic tool, it needed to have the DME re-flashed. But since it was almost closing time, we agreed that I would bring it back tomorrow morning to have it done.

He said not to worry, as absolutely certain it was not a hardware issue, but just a bug in the software and that's why the re-programming was indicated.

So I will be there tomorrow, and post back the results. Fingers crossed.

Needless to say that I'm a little disappointed to see this at only 400 miles on the odometer. On the bright side, the service department was incredible. Super fast, courteous, and so far, knowledgeable.

Reactions: RJMcInnis

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Wishing you a continued great experience with your Macan aside from the blip you just wrote about. Hope all turns out good. Good juju your way.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
7,138 Posts
I hope it is a software issue. By now Porsche should have already fixed the turbo vacuum leak problem in the production.

A number of us had that problem with exactly the same error message and needed to get it fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
914 Posts
As I was driving yesterday my GTS behind a slow moving vehicle, I had a chance to pass him as there was an opening in the traffic. So I signaled, changed lanes, press the accelerator, and I felt the quick acceleration and oomph, got up to 5K RPM and then...

I felt the loss of power, and the yellow warning message saying "Reduced engine power. Consult a workshop. Driving permitted"

After getting home and parking, I started the engine again, and the error had cleared. Then I read all about this error in this forum, and realized that very soon I would be seeing this message again.

I called the dealer and made an appointment for the evening. On the way there, once again, after a quick acceleration, the warning came on the display once more. But at least I was able to drive to the dealer and show it to the service advisor.

After taking the vehicle to the back, he said that according to the diagnostic tool, it needed to have the DME re-flashed. But since it was almost closing time, we agreed that I would bring it back tomorrow morning to have it done.

He said not to worry, as absolutely certain it was not a hardware issue, but just a bug in the software and that's why the re-programming was indicated.

So I will be there tomorrow, and post back the results. Fingers crossed.

Needless to say that I'm a little disappointed to see this at only 400 miles on the odometer. On the bright side, the service department was incredible. Super fast, courteous, and so far, knowledgeable.

Here's an update:

My GTS went into the service bay at 8 AM today, and by 9:30 it was out of there. and so far, it looks like it has been fixed!!! :D

I will keep my fingers crossed that all is indeed permanently fixed and will update in about a week.

Cheers!

Reactions: Namo and SoCalS5

·
Registered
914 Posts
Arghhhhh!!!! That didn't last long. On my way to pick up my plates, the dreaded message came back on screen. So I picked up the plates and in it goes again to see what else is wrong...

Meanwhile got a Panamera loaner. It is a Panamera Edition. Not even close to the GTS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: yorker

·
Premium Member
7,138 Posts
You got the vacuum leak, I think. Ask your dealer to test the turbo boost. The symptom is no turbo boost at all.

Reactions: freshlysqueezed

·
Registered
914 Posts
You got the vacuum leak, I think. Ask your dealer to test the turbo boost. The symptom is no turbo boost at all.
Thanks @jzwu, after reading your posts I thought exactly the same. I told the dealer to check for a possible vacuum leak... Let's see what they find.

BTW, @jzwu what exactly did they fix on yours, and was it a good-as-new fix?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,138 Posts
Dealer did an intake tear-down and fixed a clamp for the vacuum hose. I was told it would be expensive without the warranty.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Dealer did an intake tear-down and fixed a clamp for the vacuum hose. I was told it would be expensive without the warranty.

Wow. How long did the whole thing take? Fixed for good?

201 - 220 of 257 Posts