Porsche Macan Forum banner
121 - 140 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
59 Posts
Congrats. I'd still order a car sooner than I need it these days given the longer lead time will be with us for a while, esp due to the backlog and more countries gradually reopens. The supply is in the shortage of material (wafer) used to manufacture chips in general so every part vendors to manufacturers from auto to smartphones are fighting for the limited supply available. It'll take some time (not months) to catch up. Porsche is lucky to be not making cars in large volume but their just-in-time supply chain and relatively small IC order volume won't help them. VW may allocate to Porsche more parts though due to better margins than other of their brands but who knows if they want to push more VW EV cars like Model 3 or Macan/992s.
It appears that orders are taking four months at this time. Deposit put in early may and delivery looks to be end of august. Also, last year at this time Porsche had already moved to the next model year. It looks like there is a delay or extension before the onset of 2022 models.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It appears that orders are taking four months at this time. Deposit put in early may and delivery looks to be end of august. Also, last year at this time Porsche had already moved to the next model year. It looks like there is a delay or extension before the onset of 2022 models.
I think someone on the forum confirmed that there will be no MY22 for Macans. But jump to MY23 in early 2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got off the phone with PCNA, car was finally released for transport today from being at the port of San Diego since 5/11 via Viking Queen.

·
Registered
57 Posts
So, some good news that I think confirms that the supply shortage may have eased up a bit. My Macan GTS (18-way seats) finally went into the bodyshop today!!

Oh, and forgot to add that I placed my order back on Feb-17th. Delivery date moved from late June to late July and is now showing early August after having gone V250.

Porsche Code PMMU3YC3
(sorry for the bad photo - my salesperson took a photo of his PC screen)
View attachment 242912
Hmmm.... I placed my order on Feb 6th for a GTS also with 18-way seats. My order number is ahead of yours and my original production date was also earlier than yours (see my order schedule below). I checked with my SA today and I was told there is no improvement of my delayed order. I wondered how Porsche schedule car production with same models.:unsure:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmmm.... I placed my order on Feb 6th for a GTS also with 18-way seats. My order number is ahead of yours and my original production date was also earlier than yours (see my order schedule below). I checked with my SA today and I was told there is no improvement of my delayed order. I wondered how Porsche schedule car production with same models.:unsure:

View attachment 243317
That is really strange. I wonder if there were other chips or parts that have been impacted and/or Porsche has some other prioritization criteria we’re not aware about. My GTS is now built and at Emden port waiting for the next ship. My exit production date actually was a few days earlier than the expected date. Hope yours moves up some too.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Interesting. Mine took 4 months with a month in port waiting for 14-way seat chip. Production moved up by a lot but delivery was late overall by about 2 weeks Given they have a hard time producing the 2021 with center console buttons, I won't be surprised that they need more time to figure out what to do with the touch console refresh. It won't be wise to announce an update, take in more orders that they can't fulfill, and put more demand pressure on common electronic parts shared by others models.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Yeah, not sure how all the different build requests ended up not just staying in order and pushed back together, as you can see from my build, I was supposed to enter body shop on 4/16 which has been pushed till 6/18, while I noticed other peoples build sheets that were supposed to have a later starting date "jumped the line" and are now ahead of my build (I am looking at you EastWest!!).
tempImagedPdUks.png

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sarcasm... because its so ridiculous that Porsche couldn't find some sort of recurse for the issue(?).. Just saying..

·
Registered
958 Posts
The global chip shortage is impacting a lot more than Porsche vehicles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We had the same info from our rep on Tuesday but his update was that the delays only applied to base models across various lines - cars that came stock with the 4 way 8 way seats. Today we had our June 25th build complete date reconfirmed on a relatively loaded up Macan Turbo in Mamba green with MB deviated stitching on 14 way seats.
Locked in 2021 Mamba Green GTS. Build date June 25th. No mention of problems with the 14 way seats.

·
Registered
'21 Macan GTS volcanic grey over black
29 Posts
Mine with the 18way seats is now at sea. Was originally slated to be here the last week of may - looks like it should be at the dealer the week of just 28th... getting closer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sarcasm... because its so ridiculous that Porsche couldn't find some sort of recurse for the issue(?).. Just saying..
They have money but they just can't have it! Chip makers need to take care of their VIPs first. Now they know what it feels like trying to order a GT3, get in line! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Reached out to a dealer about a new build for Macan S and he scared the crap out of us saying there's a chip shortage and after June, we won't be able to select premium plus package on any cars due to ventilated seat shortage. Suggested to buy a lot one that he has ('21 white exterior with beige/black interior). Is it a usual scare tactics or is it gonna be hard pretty soon ?

121 - 140 of 178 Posts