Porsche Macan Forum banner
181 - 200 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello everyone
I am curious to know if Porsche have any ETA on adding the options that they have not installed? (So that they are able to deliver the car)
I am still waiting for my car… I have heard that people have been getting their cars without the steering wheel adjustment electronics.
thanks!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
108 Posts
Stopped by dealership today to check on status. Pleasant surprise there is a vin! The status v300 completed today approximately a month sooner than I had last heard. SA did say he did not know if the steering wheel would be the temporary manual adjustment version but no worries it will be corrected as parts become available.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Stopped by dealership today to check on status. Pleasant surprise there is a vin! The status v300 completed today approximately a month sooner than I had last heard. SA did say he did not know if the steering wheel would be the temporary manual adjustment version but no worries it will be corrected as parts become available.
That’s awesome! Wish I could say the same. I believe you and I had similar eta’s. As of today, nothing has changed with mine. I know you have a S coming and mine is GTS so perhaps something specific to my trim. Who knows. Keep us updated so I can use your info to keep bugging my SA 😂

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
108 Posts
That’s awesome! Wish I could say the same. I believe you and I had similar eta’s. As of today, nothing has changed with mine. I know you have a S coming and mine is GTS so perhaps something specific to my trim. Who knows. Keep us updated so I can use your info to keep bugging my SA 😂
Adding a photo of the tracking document.

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
108 Posts
Thanks for posting. Interesting. Ours were fixed same date, Then yours entered body shop 5 days before mine. Did the prior even schedule show an end of November due date? Strange how your schedule shows 9/3 as an eta after the update yesterday. Perhaps that section of the schedule updates at a different time.
Yes, the code v331 was 10/08/2021. U018 was 11/12/2021 just last week.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes, the code v331 was 10/08/2021. U018 was 11/12/2021 just last week.
Interesting. Strange how your U018 would go to 9/3 from 11/12 after the update when it exited production on 8/27. Obviously no way for it to be in Baltimore on Sept 3. Sometimes I wonder about this system Porsche provides to the dealers. Will also be interesting to see where your remaining event dates update next. They have to change to coincide with ship transport etc. Keep me posted and thanks again for all the info! :)

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
The answer is YES. Think of a horror situation: Taiwan is seriously threatened by China since it's theirs anyway. They decide they are going to keep all the chips Taiwan produces. Oh oh! If a war is not started, what would happen if Taiwan decides 'you know what? no one can have them' and destroys any viable production for a year or two. What you drive is what you got. Simply put. We'll be stuck in a time warp like Cuba was and still is. Why not? Everything else is going down the toilet right now.....

Reactions: wwahl

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Time for us to get off the stick and start designing our own chips and cut some foreign dependency. Dave T.
Read up on this. It is not so easy to create these chips. Like near impossible. Taiwan is about the only place that can provide them, maybe the only place and here we have this person that is unable to defend this place against China because he is too weak to do so. Plus he has made our military too weak to respond as well.

·
Registered
11,988 Posts
Time for us to get off the stick and start designing our own chips and cut some foreign dependency. Dave T.
Silicon Valley was the father of the chip but when Intel faced headwinds companies went to Asia to buy them . Taiwan is way ahead of us manufacturing and supply but they faced Covid , car sales dropped at first , and they placed less orders .

The debate of investing in therm here is partly corporate and partly political . One the corporate end they would rather just buy them from whoever has them and it has always been Taiwan . On the political end the administration wants to invest but the debate becomes why is government investing in corporate matters .

In the meantime the average Joe who wants a car can't get one easily .

It should diminish in time ... toiler paper settled down .

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
108 Posts
Taiwan Semi is building a plant in Arizona. Intel has plants in the US and around the world. If we want it to happen it usually does. See the oil development based on technological solutions that gave us oil independence.

·
Registered
11,988 Posts
Taiwan Semi is building a plant in Arizona. Intel has plants in the US and around the world. If we want it to happen it usually does. See the oil development based on technological solutions that gave us oil independence.
Yep. I expect it to pass . The present is a seller market however .

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Sea freight must also be causing delays. We are having enormous issues since months transporting goods from Europe and Asia to US seaports; lots of vessels waiting for days and even weeks in the ocean and much longer times to unload and clear customs. And that when you find a slot on a vessel, and at what price…

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a 2016 Macan S and have given thought to trading in on a 2021 S. Where are they?? I have looked at a couple of large Porsche dealers in GA and FL. They might have 8-10 base Macan‘s in inventory yet show anywhere from 10-20 Macan S “In Transit”.

What’s the issue? Chip shortage? Will they ever show up or are they place holders for the 22 Macan S.

Based on the 22 Macan S getting more horsepower, I just might wait.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For what it's worth, I ordered a 22 S in late August and am told my car will be here in April.

Dunno whether that's a time that anticipates expected chip problems or will change.

PNYCJBP8

181 - 200 of 202 Posts