Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just notified that my June delivery might not happen due to what looks like all Macan's will be required to eliminate 14-/18-way seats and move to 8-ways due to the fact that Seat Memory is affected by the semiconductor shortage.
I have been told that Porsche is trying to fulfill already placed customer orders and will install 8-ways in stock orders or new customer orders moving forward.
It might just be as short as a 2 month delay or it could be much longer, who knows?

Has anyone else been notified or heard about this?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Ouch.... man I hope not. This would heavily influence my decision towards the GV instead of a new GTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
8 way seat on a Porsche should be forbidden. If one thing that shows how popular the 8 way seats are is that none of the many Base loaners I got had them on it. Minimum should be 14 way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is true. Went to Porsche Mill Valley today and the sales rep estimated December for a GTS build with 14 or 18 way seats.

·
Registered
166 Posts
We had the same info from our rep on Tuesday but his update was that the delays only applied to base models across various lines - cars that came stock with the 4 way 8 way seats. Today we had our June 25th build complete date reconfirmed on a relatively loaded up Macan Turbo in Mamba green with MB deviated stitching on 14 way seats.

·
Registered
299 Posts
We had the same info from our rep on Tuesday but his update was that the delays only applied to base models across various lines - cars that came stock with the 4 way 8 way seats. Today we had our June 25th build complete date reconfirmed on a relatively loaded up Macan Turbo in Mamba green with MB deviated stitching on 14 way seats.
Sounds nice. Looking forward to the pics.

·
Vendor
531 Posts
Exciting news! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
checked with my dealer - I still seem to be on schedule with a last week of may delivery of heavily optioned GTS with 18 way seats
Same here!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was just notified that my June delivery might not happen due to what looks like all Macan's will be required to eliminate 14-/18-way seats and move to 8-ways due to the fact that Seat Memory is affected by the semiconductor shortage.
I have been told that Porsche is trying to fulfill already placed customer orders and will install 8-ways in stock orders or new customer orders moving forward.
It might just be as short as a 2 month delay or it could be much longer, who knows?

Has anyone else been notified or heard about this?
I'm new to the group and taking delivery on my 2021 Macan S in a few days. I bought it off of the lot and it has 14-way seats. My dealer told me about this when I was buying the car- he said I was lucky.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh **** nah, might as well ship with manual seats! I had 8-way seats on a loaner and after 3 minutes my back was BROKE. Well, maybe I’m being dramatic but I agree 14 way seats should be standard fare. It’s just hard to get comfortable with 8-way. This is good information to know. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Oh **** nah, might as well ship with manual seats! I had 8-way seats on a loaner and after 3 minutes my back was BROKE. Well, maybe I’m being dramatic but I agree 14 way seats should be standard fare. It’s just hard to get comfortable with 8-way. This is good information to know. Thanks for sharing.
About 6 years ago I was car shopping and test drove a base model Macan with 8 way seats. Cut the test drive short and went and leased an Audi A4 with sport pkg and after that an Audi A5 Sportback with sport pkg. Two Audis later I was nearing the end of the lease and for the 'el of it I test drove a Macan S with 14 way seats. It was a revelation. Mainly the handling and overall performance of the car was what sold me but the seats were really nice. I finally zeroed in on a '21 S with 18 way seats and took it home. Really love the seats but it is a bit awkward getting in and out.

·
Registered
172 Posts
NYT article on the chip shortage. Good read: A Tiny Part’s Big Ripple: Global Chip Shortage Hobbles the Auto Industry

"Porsche warned dealers in the United States this month that customers might have to wait an extra 12 weeks to get their cars, because they lack a chip used to monitor tire pressure."

"Porsche has told U.S. dealers that for several months it won’t be able to deliver high-end seats in the Macan S.U.V. that can be adjusted 18 different ways, a popular upgrade. The necessary chips are unavailable."

·
Registered
11,988 Posts
8 way seat on a Porsche should be forbidden. If one thing that shows how popular the 8 way seats are is that none of the many Base loaners I got had them on it. Minimum should be 14 way.
I actually like them more than the 14's . That flat 14 surface and extra electronics is hander on the back and shoulder area . 18's are by far the best and none are horrible .

1 - 20 of 202 Posts