Porsche Macan Forum banner

101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
FYI, just got back from my Porsche dealer and was chatting with a SA about this issue. He said they just received communication from Porsche this morning that the issue has been resolved and they can start taking orders for cars with 14 and 18-way seats starting June 1st.

Reactions: TXRed and Gachnar

·
Registered
60 Posts
FYI, just got back from my Porsche dealer and was chatting with a SA about this issue. He said they just received communication from Porsche this morning that the issue has been resolved and they can start taking orders for cars with 14 and 18-way seats starting June 1st.
Guess the shortage did not last as long as I would have guessed. But glad all is well. 18-way seats for the win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, some good news that I think confirms that the supply shortage may have eased up a bit. My Macan GTS (18-way seats) finally went into the bodyshop today!!

Oh, and forgot to add that I placed my order back on Feb-17th. Delivery date moved from late June to late July and is now showing early August after having gone V250.

Porsche Code PMMU3YC3
(sorry for the bad photo - my salesperson took a photo of his PC screen)
Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 9.20.55 AM.png

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
20 Posts
I just locked in an order for a GTS v200 with September build. Was also able to get 5% off, which in this point in time is pretty good. Now the agonizing waiting commences.

Surprised September is still a 2021 and was originally bummed by the time I receive it ‘21 will be over! But I guess if you want the physical buttons, you have to get it now or never.

Cheers to everyone who has a locked allocation. Let’s hope there are no delays

My order vehicle fixed date (V250) is expected 7/2/2021. Exit Emden (V332) 8/13 and in Baltimore (U018) 8/27 and the Retail Delivery date (V900) is 8/27/2021. The dates for Entry Port Baltimore, Exit Port Baltimore and Dealer Inventory are all 8/27/2021 so I'm sure there is some delay in those milestones. Put deposit down beginning of May and was advised of some delay due to chip shortages (I have 14 way seating) but not too bad. Good things come to those who wait including real buttons.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My order vehicle fixed date (V250) is expected 7/2/2021. Exit Emden (V332) 8/13 and in Baltimore (U018) 8/27 and the Retail Delivery date (V900) is 8/27/2021. The dates for Entry Port Baltimore, Exit Port Baltimore and Dealer Inventory are all 8/27/2021 so I'm sure there is some delay in those milestones. Put deposit down beginning of May and was advised of some delay due to chip shortages (I have 14 way seating) but not too bad. Good things come to those who wait including real buttons.
You’re lucky your order was so immediate to go into production. I ordered mid-May and the build slot is scheduled to be September 10th. Guess that far out they had no issues with 18-way seats.

·
Premium Member
2018 Macan Sport Edition
145 Posts
When did that happen? One would think that would be in the local news, not!
Happened a few years ago when PCNA decided they wanted to standardize dealer names to reflect their city location. There are a few that avoided having to make that change (for instance Pfaff Porsche in Vaughan Ontario... because Pfaff is a big name and Vaughan isn't).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Late to the party on this news as I was finalizing my GTS build and submitting for JULY allocation for OCTOBER delivery!! Hail to the YES!

-----------From my local dealer----------
Macan - 14/18 Way Seats - Now Available - June Allocation Forward
Version 1
PAG has announced the order stop for the 14 Way Seats (Option Q2J) and 18 Way Seats (Option Q1J) has been lifted for June and later allocations for Macan models.

The revocation of this order stop will also allow for the addition of the Premium Package Plus to these orders as well.

Please update any previously affected orders immediately before they reach the respective change freeze point dates.
----------------------------------------------

·
Registered
163 Posts
Many auto makers had to shut down the plants for several weeks last month due to the shortage of chip supply.

Ceyanne, Q7/8 also the Touareg are on the list, and they are made at the same factory in Slovakia.

I passed by a local dealer last week the lot looked dead empty. So few cars sitting outside the showroom compared to previous time I was there.

Not sure if it's because now is also the transition time and dealers are waiting for 2022 inventory to come in that's why fewer cars on the lot.

What I heard the semiconductor chip supply problem could affect car production til first quarter of 2022.

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Many auto makers had to shut down the plants for several weeks last month due to the shortage of chip supply.

Ceyanne, Q7/8 also the Touareg are on the list, and they are made at the same factory in Slovakia.

I passed by a local dealer last week the lot looked dead empty. So few cars sitting outside the showroom compared to previous time I was there.

Not sure if it's because now is also the transition time and dealers are waiting for 2022 inventory to come in that's why fewer cars on the lot.

What I heard the semiconductor chip supply problem could affect car production til first quarter of 2022.
Either here or on the Renn list today I read the seat emergency was now over and you can order whatever seat you want. Some one must be right!

·
Registered
2020 Macan S - Volcano Grey
32 Posts
Still no option to order either the 14 or 18-way seats on the UK Configurator ☹

·
Registered
4 Posts
After reading the NYT article, the long term solution is simple. Porsche needs to get in the chip business.
This whole discussion sounds like the Princess and the pea. There is an issue with the chip for the 14 way seats . My 83 sc has no way seats and they are great as are the 8 way , 14 way and 18 way in the Macan , although God only knows what one could possibly do with all those adjustments .

I have the eight way and bad L4 and L5 for thirty some odd years and have no problem with my seats . Get fit and you would be amazed at the lack of need for those minor adjustments . I for one like the ease of entry and egress from the eight ways . You want sport seats get a 911😀

·
Registered
60 Posts
This whole discussion sounds like the Princess and the pea. There is an issue with the chip for the 14 way seats . My 83 sc has no way seats and they are great as are the 8 way , 14 way and 18 way in the Macan , although God only knows what one could possibly do with all those adjustments .

I have the eight way and bad L4 and L5 for thirty some odd years and have no problem with my seats . Get fit and you would be amazed at the lack of need for those minor adjustments . I for one like the ease of entry and egress from the eight ways . You want sport seats get a 911
That is why Porsche gives consumer options and no longer force people into specific lanes that Porsche seems appropriate.

Let’s be honest, Porsche is a luxury brand and luxury is about personalization and customization, which are essentially the 14 or 18-way seats. Also most buyers are not hardcore enthusiasts. They just want something super comfortable, regardless of their fitness profile. After all, you know how hard it is for many people to change.

Therefore, the 14/18-way seats will remain one of the most valued and popular options on a Macan or Cayenne

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
20 Posts
That is why Porsche gives consumer options and no longer force people into specific lanes that Porsche seems appropriate.

Let’s be honest, Porsche is a luxury brand and luxury is about personalization and customization, which are essentially the 14 or 18-way seats. Also most buyers are not hardcore enthusiasts. They just want something super comfortable, regardless of their fitness profile. After all, you know how hard it is for many people to change.

Therefore, the 14/18-way seats will remain one of the most valued and popular options on a Macan or Cayenne

I suspect that those chips support the memory aspect of the seats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Things are moving along! My GTS was completed on 6/1 ahead of the 6/4 expected date and is now at Emden port waiting for the next ship! Hope this means things will start moving for other future owners.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Things are moving along! My GTS was completed on 6/1 ahead of the 6/4 expected date and is now at Emden port waiting for the next ship! Hope this means things will start moving for other future owners.
Congrats! My GTS was pushed from 11 Jun to 17 Jul as far as the build date.
PS: I got 18 way seats.

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
65 Posts
I just heard about this yesterday when I had my 911 for service. Glad I ordered my macan last year and had no chip issues to worry about.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just heard about this yesterday when I had my 911 for service. Glad I ordered my macan last year and had no chip issues to worry about.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
No one is worrying about chip issues now. When you look back, it only affected a small number of people who absolutely had to have their cars now (delivered within the next month or two).

I ordered my car in mid-May and had no issues.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congrats. I'd still order a car sooner than I need it these days given the longer lead time will be with us for a while, esp due to the backlog and more countries gradually reopens. The supply is in the shortage of material (wafer) used to manufacture chips in general so every part vendors to manufacturers from auto to smartphones are fighting for the limited supply available. It'll take some time (not months) to catch up. Porsche is lucky to be not making cars in large volume but their just-in-time supply chain and relatively small IC order volume won't help them. VW may allocate to Porsche more parts though due to better margins than other of their brands but who knows if they want to push more VW EV cars like Model 3 or Macan/992s.

101 - 120 of 139 Posts