Porsche Macan Forum banner

81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not sure if you can label this a rescinded offer, but... "I have not been able to call you because unfortunately, all allocations are currently locked out due to shortage in micro chips. If anything changes I will let you know."

Grapevine said they could order, give me $1,500 off msrp, but that it could take 8 months or more. At this point, I may take them up on it. Not sure I trust the "Locked out" line of BS, but be that as it may, I am done with that Chicago area Porsche dealer.

I can take off the dash leather and Burmester and be right where I need to be money wise. I am so used to the Audi S6 B&O, that I may wish I kept it on the build... It is a hard one.
So the 8 months or more is reasonable. A lot of people who have received GTS allocations have said their build dates are Sept/Oct. which puts actual stateside delivery in the Dec/Jan range. Which is 7/8 months from now. Do you think that is what they mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
25 Posts
So the 8 months or more is reasonable. A lot of people who have received GTS allocations have said their build dates are Sept/Oct. which puts actual stateside delivery in the Dec/Jan range. Which is 7/8 months from now. Do you think that is what they mean?

He was more talking about cars that are in the system already, but have not started on the line... Any build with a 14 or 18-way seat, Porsche is asking if they are willing to change to the 8-way, otherwise the build will be pushed back to more like 8 months. I would be a 14-way seat build, so there is no telling how long I would be waiting if it was entered today. They don't send cars down the line for build unless they have all parts allocated and ready. 98% of the wait time is in the queue. If you are in the back, you will not move up in line and all those 8-way seat cars will move right ahead of you. At least that makes the most sense to me, but I really know nothing.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
165 Posts
I can take off the dash leather and Burmester and be right where I need to be money wise. I am so used to the Audi S6 B&O, that I may wish I kept it on the build... It is a hard one.
I wouldn't worry about switching out the Burmester for the Bose if that's what you need to do.

Before my Macan with the Bose system, I had an Audi with a B&O. B&O is a great car sound system for sure and think I noticed the difference for the first couple weeks but not since. In the Porsche, I'm more focused on the driving dynamics than the audio system and often drive with it turned off.

I know many are not happy with the Bose system but, audiophile that I'm not, I'll say it's no slouch - especially if you pay attention to the quality of recordings and audio sources. I'm currently on a mission to rebuild my music library with remastered versions of all my favourites.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I wouldn't worry about switching out the Burmester for the Bose if that's what you need to do.

Before my Macan with the Bose system, I had an Audi with a B&O. B&O is a great car sound system for sure and think I noticed the difference for the first couple weeks but not since. In the Porsche, I'm more focused on the driving dynamics than the audio system and often drive with it turned off.

I know many are not happy with the Bose system but, audiophile that I'm not, I'll say it's no slouch - especially if you pay attention to the quality of recordings and audio sources. I'm currently on a mission to rebuild my music library with remastered versions of all my favourites.
I think the Bose in my 2021 GTS sounds nice. It’s only lacking in the ability to go way loud but I don’t need my ears to bleed anymore. My comparison is B&W speakers in a home setup. I would never consider paying for the Burmester in a car ie noisy environment.

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
705 Posts
Oh I’m not saying you should compromise. I am the exact same way, if I’m not able to order exactly what I wanted, no thank you!

What I’m saying is the vast majority of buyers are not like us in the forums. They will certainly compromise to get it now. And that is a win in Porsche’s revenue.

I feel like there’s no point in taking “custom” orders without being able to fulfill 14/18 way seats. How many of the multitude of Porsche codes posted here choose 8 way? Close to zero.

I simply cannot imagine ordering a car where I choose every little detail but compromising on the seat. And the resale on a 90k+ car with no seat memory is going to take a hit.

I feel for people who are finally ready to order and have to deal with this. It‘s outside Porsche’s control, but I’d be going nuts. I’d personally be looking for a good used one to bridge for a year or so until the issue is sorted and I could get my custom order.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have been so excited over the past month figuring out what I wanted and then configuring a 2021 Macan GTS.... using this forum, I reached out to a dealership and got an email offer of a fantastic price. I sent my finalized build and was ready to sign... then crickets for 2 days.

I called again today and left my second voicemail... shortly after received an email that their final two Macan GTS "allocations are currently locked out due to shortage in micro chips."

To say I am extremely disappointed is an understatement. To have $95,000 to spend on a car and then not be able to is like a bad dream. I don't even know how to feel right now. Maybe I should just go buy a Honda and be thankful I am not dead from Covid. 🤢

Any of you guys have any extra micro chips laying around??
I am in Dallas area and tried all the 3 dealerships in metroplex and was not able to get any deal better than the $1500. There are several dealers "offered" me to send in a deposit, to get in line for allocations that might open up.

I have been in touch with Atlanta/Chicago dealers - one of them called back when one allocation opened up and paid my deposit during the same phone call with a 5% off MSRP. I locked the allocation and a V200 confirmation for an Oct 2021 delivery.

In the current market scenario, it is tough to find allocation and when you can find one, don't wait!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did an extensive search across the country.... I am pretty sure I covered all dealerships. I may have found a suitable car. Not my #1 choice in color, but Jet Black Metallic with red interior is a classic. The only thing missing is smartphone and adaptive cruise. BUT, it is turbo, so that makes up for some items. Hmmm.... my excitement is rebuilding.

You think there is any wiggle on a Turbo in southern California? They seem to have a plethora of Turbos on hand. Or, at least not have to pay more than msrp?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just locked in an order for a GTS v200 with September build. Was also able to get 5% off, which in this point in time is pretty good. Now the agonizing waiting commences.

Surprised September is still a 2021 and was originally bummed by the time I receive it ‘21 will be over! But I guess if you want the physical buttons, you have to get it now or never.

Cheers to everyone who has a locked allocation. Let’s hope there are no delays

·
Registered
733 Posts
I did an extensive search across the country.... I am pretty sure I covered all dealerships. I may have found a suitable car. Not my #1 choice in color, but Jet Black Metallic with red interior is a classic. The only thing missing is smartphone and adaptive cruise. BUT, it is turbo, so that makes up for some items. Hmmm.... my excitement is rebuilding.

You think there is any wiggle on a Turbo in southern California? They seem to have a plethora of Turbos on hand. Or, at least not have to pay more than msrp?
Have you looked at the Jet Black GTS that Porsche Greenwich (CT) has? Full GTS interior, 14 way seats, very well optioned.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Check this private sale GTS from a forum member?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just locked in an order for a GTS v200 with September build. Was also able to get 5% off, which in this point in time is pretty good. Now the agonizing waiting commences.

Surprised September is still a 2021 and was originally bummed by the time I receive it ‘21 will be over! But I guess if you want the physical buttons, you have to get it now or never.

Cheers to everyone who has a locked allocation. Let’s hope there are no delays

Glad you were able to lock the allocation. My build freeze is on Jul 21st- now off to finalizing the options.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Glad you were able to lock the allocation. My build freeze is on Jul 21st- now off to finalizing the options.
Let me know what you end up getting! This is my build code: PMYTHA82.

Very bummed I could not take advantage of the premium package discount with my full leather and red stitching seats. Probably specced it too high as it’s only $6K difference from a comparably equipped Turbo. But I guess it works here because they’re actually different enough

·
Registered
46 Posts
Let me know what you end up getting! This is my build code: PMYTHA82.

Very bummed I could not take advantage of the premium package discount with my full leather and red stitching seats. Probably specced it too high as it’s only $6K difference from a comparably equipped Turbo. But I guess it works here because they’re actually different enough

Carmine Red GTS looks sharp!

My current build code is PM5NWE14.

Not finalized on the color and internal leather options or PEC delivery. I would like the midnight blue, but not too keen on cleaning difficulties that come with blues and blacks. I might also switch to 21" sport wheels due to ease of cleaning if I can justify the ride comfort.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Carmine Red GTS looks sharp!

My current build code is PM5NWE14.

Not finalized on the color and internal leather options or PEC delivery. I would like the midnight blue, but not too keen on cleaning difficulties that come with blues and blacks. I might also switch to 21" sport wheels due to ease of cleaning if I can get justify the ride comfort.
Great build as well! Thought long and hard about the red interior as well with midnight blue. But to your point, keeping it clean seems like a pain.

I think 21in wheels will be completely fine with our air suspension. I test drove one and was astonished how it rode.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have you looked at the Jet Black GTS that Porsche Greenwich (CT) has? Full GTS interior, 14 way seats, very well optioned.
I see a black on black. I do not want to plain black paint. I hear it chips very easily and not as nice at the jet black. I am looking for the garnet red interior as well. This is a very nicely equipped GTS though!

I really like how some dealers spec out the added options separate from the standard.... But most just lump it all in together and it is maddening! Maybe they are trying to get you to reach out to them for the build sheet? games.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Check this private sale GTS from a forum member?

Great looking, but no roof rails is a non-start for me. I need the SUV as much as the sports car in my Macan. but thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
When we placed our GTS Order in the beginning of May, we were told we couldn't go with 18-Way Seats, but we could still get 14-Way Seats.

But we just got a text from our SA, asking us if we wanted to go with 18-Way, as the Temporary Hold on 18-Way Seats was being lifted and we still had time to make that change to our order! Supposed to be picking it up in Atlanta in August!

·
Registered
25 Posts
When we placed our GTS Order in the beginning of May, we were told we couldn't go with 18-Way Seats, but we could still get 14-Way Seats.

But we just got a text from our SA, asking us if we wanted to go with 18-Way, as the Temporary Hold on 18-Way Seats was being lifted and we still had time to make that change to our order! Supposed to be picking it up in Atlanta in August!
Would you mind listing the dealership you are working with? If this is lifted, I may go forward with ordering vs. settling for something on the ground today. thank you in advance!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Would you mind listing the dealership you are working with? If this is lifted, I may go forward with ordering vs. settling for something on the ground today. thank you in advance!
You can also try Mitch Noyes at Porsche Bellingham (WA), formerly known as Roger Jobs Porsche (locally owned).

81 - 100 of 139 Posts