Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been here in a very long time and am.catching up with what's going on with macans.

Has there been a fix for the rear wipers making too much noise? I remember finding one before from a UK site and had my service advisor use that method to try and fix it. Results have been varied, and the wipers make noise still but have decreased.

Any one know of actual fixes? Or has experience?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Between 2 Cayennes and current Macan, I've never had a rear wiper that wasn't noisy. This despite that fact that I hardly ever use it, except when it goes off intermittently on its own despite being switched completely off.:D

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I told my dealer about the noisy chatter on my rear wiper during a recent service, and they replaced the blade for no charge. Chatter is now gone.

·
Registered
90 Posts
There's a fix for MY14 & MY15

There's a fix for MY14 & MY15 shuddering/rubbing rear wiper.

The tech article is WM923449, it's essentially a couple of washers inserted between the wiper motor and the mounts plus a new blade. The fix takes about 30mins to do. The wiper will be absolutely silent following the fix regardless of whether the rear screen is dry or wet. It's worth doing.

Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
My rear wiper hinge has evidence of corrosion in it and is kind of stiff. Anyone else have that?
I have a very tiny brown rust showing, looks to be the early sign. I just sprayed some rust inhibitor onto the spot and hope it does not spread.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I cannot take the rear wiper off the window to clean it.
Anybody knows any trick?
Ciao

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I cannot take the rear wiper off the window to clean it.
Anybody knows any trick?
Ciao
On the wipe blade, just pinch the upper & lower plastic tab and gently slide the blade out. Be careful with the metal arm and don't let go and drop onto the glass.

You really don't need to remove the blade to clean the glass. Unless you are obsessed :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
There's a fix for MY14 & MY15

There's a fix for MY14 & MY15 shuddering/rubbing rear wiper.

The tech article is WM923449, it's essentially a couple of washers inserted between the wiper motor and the mounts plus a new blade. The fix takes about 30mins to do. The wiper will be absolutely silent following the fix regardless of whether the rear screen is dry or wet. It's worth doing.

Hope it helps :)
Where

·
Super Moderator
1,339 Posts
Here's a fix for a noisy rear wiper - I think I either read it here or on the UK macanforum.

Remove the rear wiper blade, then reverse the blade in its mount. Reinstall and you will likely
have peace and quiet. I did just that over a year ago and all was fine - til a couple of months
ago.

I opened the box a replacement blade refill I'd bought over a year ago and attempted to install it.
The mount was incorrectly manufactured and it would not join up with the rear wiper arm.

Desperate for some peace and quiet (again) I decided I had nothing to lose by reversing the blade
again. Guess what? It worked a second time! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Here's a fix for a noisy rear wiper - I think I either read it here or on the UK macanforum.

Remove the rear wiper blade, then reverse the blade in its mount. Reinstall and you will likely
have peace and quiet. I did just that over a year ago and all was fine - til a couple of months
ago.

I opened the box a replacement blade refill I'd bought over a year ago and attempted to install it.
The mount was incorrectly manufactured and it would not join up with the rear wiper arm.

Desperate for some peace and quiet (again) I decided I had nothing to lose by reversing the blade
again. Guess what? It worked a second time! :ROFLMAO:
Come on! That's liking calling 'Squirrel' to your dog.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts