Porsche Macan Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,954 Posts
Ok so basketball carpool testing today. Steering wheel return button does nothing. Waiting 60 seconds does nothing. But going into park AFTER the alarm has started seems to stop it. Today anyway. And of course, turning the car off and restart still works. Such a pain.
Many have commented on this forum about various creature comforts and the fact that, to paraphrase, “it’s a Porsche not a Lexus deal with it.” I am sympathetic to that view, as I was very fond of my 996 with no cup holder option back in the day. I can see the German engineer - “why do those idiot Americans want a cup holder in a sports car”. But this back seat issue is ridiculous and annoying. Pain in the backside for no good reason. They should fix it.
Since 2014 owners have complained about the lousy sun visors. They don't extend when used on the side windows. We are now entering 2022. Do the math. They haven't fixed them.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
I’m going to have to try this in my ‘21 Cayenne. It will be the first time I have anyone in the back in my year of ownership. Hmm, maybe that’s the answer.

·
Registered
2022 Porsche Macan (Base) | 20" wheels | Adaptive Curse Control | Premium Package Plus
4 Posts
I got the exact problem on my new 2022 Macan base after dropping my daughter off from the school a few times. The sensor light and the alarm went off twice since I got the car last week. The 1st time when it happened, I was really concerned because I thought that there was something really wrong. The light and the beep stopped, however, after about one minute. This morning, it happened again. So, I know that there is definitely an issue. I will read the car manual further before I contact the dealer to let them know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My experience dealing with this many times now dropping off boys to and from basketball practice, is that if you stay in Park for a while after they’ve gotten out of the seats it resets. It seems like it takes a few seconds, I haven’t figured out exactly how many, but it’s something like 5 to 10 seconds. Alternatively, if you stop and go into park after the alarm starts, only a second or two and Park will stop the alarm and it will stay gone. If you do nothing, it will indeed disappear after about a minute. And I have been told this is a feature, not a bug. So you can talk to the dealer about it, but I’m not sure it will help. Would be great to get rid of it so good luck.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have found that even a quick drop off of my daughter who was sitting in backseat, (car is put into park and turned off), quickly walk her into school (about just 1 min out of car) and I get back in and drive away, the alarm STILL comes on. My solution to this: I noticed if I "lock" the car after exiting, then the warning chime does not come on. I had not been doing this as my son is usually in front seat waiting. Still odd how the warning chime comes on even after I leave the car and quickly come back. As many have said, must be a time delay requirement that resets this warning.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts