Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS & 2015 Cayman GTS (Carmine Red)
54 Posts
So I had the pleasure of chauffeuring my parents to lunch on the weekend - when they got out I had the usual warning bells/alarms - about 100m up the road I stopped at a red light. I flipped the gear leaver into Park, and then back into Drive, and that seems to turn off the warning. I'm sure I did that last time and it didn't work, but maybe I was too flustered :unsure:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just received 2021 Macan GTS a few weeks ago. First time with a carpool today. I had several drop offs and pickups of kids and the darn thing failed each time. This stinks.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I just received 2021 Macan GTS a few weeks ago. First time with a carpool today. I had several drop offs and pickups of kids and the darn thing failed each time. This stinks.
Yes, it does stink!
Thankfully I've only had to deal with the problem 1/2 dozen times and whilst putting car into park seems to reset it's still annoying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The thing about putting it in park is that it only works if the alarm is already going off. In my experience, if you put it into park while doing the drop off, it doesn't reset the system. So once you start moving again, the alarm goes off. That's why I think it's just a software logic problem and should be relatively easy to fix. The question is just how do we get Porsche to acknowledge and fix the issue? I don't want to waste my time taking the car into the dealer for this. Are there any other avenues we can pursue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was told by two dealerships and another specialty Porsche dealer that it’s functioning as designed. It still doesn’t make it right. It’s poor engineering and a nuisance.

·
Registered
259 Posts
These lists have zero influence on Porsche. Need a bigger audience. If a couple of the big car magazines, or a segment on 60 minutes highlighted this issue Porsche would have a fix in 24 hours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Frustrating as ****, this is. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Done. Fixed. No more bong bong. Used the rennlist thread. Problem over.

View attachment 245670
Sorry, what is this a screen shot from? Whatever it is, I need to get it / do it...this is such a stupid "feature" (and yes, it's actually in the manual that it will chime for 60 SECONDS wtf. Just picked up my '21 Macan GTS 2 days ago. This is, so far, the only thing I don't like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for directing me to the correct thread. I searched for this issue and I guess I didn't hit the right keywords. It sounds like Porsche just cheaped out and didn't put seat sensors in the back.
I’m experiencing the same issues on both my 2021 Porsche Macan’s. This calls for a class action lawsuit. Also the other issue I have is my radio shuts off every time when I turn on the engine and when my iphone 13 is trying to sync on blue tooth. No automatic steering column either. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just tried this and it didn't work. I had my wife sit in back and we drove around a bit. I stopped, with engine running I put it in park, she unclicked rear belt and climbed in passenger seat and buckled up. We drove away. Bong-bong started. I pressed the button noted in your pic. Nothing changed. I held the button down. No change. As usual the noise stopped on its own after about a minute. Any ideas?

BTW, I took delivery of my new Macan S two weeks ago.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I just tried this and it didn't work. I had my wife sit in back and we drove around a bit. I stopped, with engine running I put it in park, she unclicked rear belt and climbed in passenger seat and buckled up. We drove away. Bong-bong started. I pressed the button noted in your pic. Nothing changed. I held the button down. No change. As usual the noise stopped on its own after about a minute. Any ideas?

BTW, I took delivery of my new Macan S two weeks ago.
You're correct @Ks2021MacanS, this doesn't stop the bong. Luckily for me it's only been an issue ~6 times in the 8 months I've had the car. Hoping that when I take it in for first service in month or so that they have some fix for it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You're correct @Ks2021MacanS, this doesn't stop the bong. Luckily for me it's only been an issue ~6 times in the 8 months I've had the car. Hoping that when I take it in for first service in month or so that they have some fix for it.
Works for me. Did it again last night, dropped someone off from the back seat, the bong started, pushed the button and it stopped. Did not put it in park just food on brake While they got out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well in my opinion it’s poor design for a car that cost £60k. Driving me nuts and seriously thinking of changing car that has less than 700 miles on the clock.
I feel the same way!! And I am only at 500 miles. I wrote to Porsche Customer Support and they blamed the dealer and suggested I go to another dealer. Disappointing....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same problem. New 2021 GTS with 400 miles on it. Will try the solutions above and post what works and doesn’t.

Also, searching for this thread does not work well. If you put in “rear seat” anything other than occupancy, such as seat belt alarm, alarm, seat belt, belt, etc. you do not find this thread. Found it just by scrolling under complaints.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok so basketball carpool testing today. Steering wheel return button does nothing. Waiting 60 seconds does nothing. But going into park AFTER the alarm has started seems to stop it. Today anyway. And of course, turning the car off and restart still works. Such a pain.
Many have commented on this forum about various creature comforts and the fact that, to paraphrase, “it’s a Porsche not a Lexus deal with it.” I am sympathetic to that view, as I was very fond of my 996 with no cup holder option back in the day. I can see the German engineer - “why do those idiot Americans want a cup holder in a sports car”. But this back seat issue is ridiculous and annoying. Pain in the backside for no good reason. They should fix it.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts