Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow @Dek, you must be having the issue more than me. Only had the issue a few times since getting the car in March, but it is every time I've dropped a rear seat passenger off. I rarely have more than 1 passenger in the car and if I do we're getting out together anyway. For me it's annoying, but not enough to get rid of the car, not even annoying enough for me to get to the dealer about it yet.

I'd think that there has to be sensors in the seats otherwise it wouldn't know when you'd had passengers. So they must be there, and if there, fixable. I'll try calling service dept today, we're in lockdown again so SA most prob not working.
There are no sensors in seats that’s why the car assumes there is someone in the car after they have alighted with their seat belt off hence the chime unless you switch car off and restart it assumes you are on a continuous journey. I had it in dealer twice they submitted a technical request and the reply from Porsche is it “working as designed”

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update - seems like alarm doesn't go off if you put the car into park. I'm not sure if you need to be in park before releasing the seat belt, or if it works to reset the alert system even if you release the seat belt while it's still in drive.

The manual should probably be more clear about it, but I guess I understand why they would say it's "working as intended" now.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Update - seems like alarm doesn't go off if you put the car into park. I'm not sure if you need to be in park before releasing the seat belt, or if it works to reset the alert system even if you release the seat belt while it's still in drive.

The manual should probably be more clear about it, but I guess I understand why they would say it's "working as intended" now.
Thanks @Stephen11o1, that almost seems like a logical setup. Will try next time. Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well today's update from school drop-off - specifically told my kid to wait to unbuckle until I was in park and... the alarm started going off as I drove away (when I hit 15 mph of course). Pretty sure that yesterday she unbuckled while I was still crawling in drive and then I moved to park afterwards. So I have no idea what's going on anymore. Maybe there's a certain amount of time you need to be in park for it to reset?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well today's update from school drop-off - specifically told my kid to wait to unbuckle until I was in park and... the alarm started going off as I drove away (when I hit 15 mph of course). Pretty sure that yesterday she unbuckled while I was still crawling in drive and then I moved to park afterwards. So I have no idea what's going on anymore. Maybe there's a certain amount of time you need to be in park for it to reset?
Bugger, thought you'd solved it. Back to the lab.

The delay is almost the worst part, it's just when you think it's not going to do it that it starts, much like having to hit play on the radio.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I first noticed this issue yesterday after taking some of the guys from the office to lunch. Dropped them off at the office door and seat belt beeping started. Interestingly only one one of the 3 little men that show up on the dash was flashing during the beeping (two people had been seated in the back). Pulled into my spot about 50 feet away. Beeping stopped when I stopped and put the car into park before shutting off the engine.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
If the PIWIS can be used to get rid of that beeper on the rear hatch wouldn't it also work on this newest nanny? Just get rid of the sound.
This might work, but shouldn't be necessary. The system should work properly in the first place.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts