Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 GTS has a single button inside the rear hatch to close the door. I have had a couple newer loaner vehicles that now have a double button, one to close and one to close and lock which I found to be very useful. Does anyone know if this can be retrofitted to a 2017 model?

·
Premium Member
5,835 Posts
You don’t need to retrofit it.

Just use your key fob to lock the car before closing the rear hatch. The car will lock itself after the rear hatch closes, like a delayed lock.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My 2017 GTS has a single button inside the rear hatch to close the door. I have had a couple newer loaner vehicles that now have a double button, one to close and one to close and lock which I found to be very useful. Does anyone know if this can be retrofitted to a 2017 model?
My 2017 Turbo has the two buttons so maybe it is part of a package.

·
Super Moderator
1,462 Posts
Here is an excerpt from the wiring diagram - it looks as though the rear lid lock option uses another
wire (CLOSE LID BUTTON - yellow & gray and CLOSE BUTTON + LOCK - green & blue):

Does your Macan have the green & blue wire? If so, you may be able to change the switch to the one with two buttons - although
what about the hole in the interior panel?

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
The back end of my Macan lowers to make it easier to load. I've never used that "feature". I don't use the lock feature either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts