Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a CPO '17 Macan S with less than 10000 just 3 weeks ago. I've noticed that when going over small bumps or potholes the rear end feels very wobbly laterally. (Feels almost like the wheels are loose but I'm sure that's not the issue). The car only has the 19" wheels so the tire sidewall is pretty tall but it feels to me like this issue could be more than just sidewall flex.. It doesn't matter what mode the PASM is in, it always feels roughly the same. I guess I should probably bring it in to be looked at, but does this sound like something normal for a Macan to feel this way?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought a CPO '17 Macan S with less than 10000 just 3 weeks ago. I've noticed that when going over small bumps or potholes the rear end feels very wobbly laterally. (Feels almost like the wheels are loose but I'm sure that's not the issue). The car only has the 19" wheels so the tire sidewall is pretty tall but it feels to me like this issue could be more than just sidewall flex.. It doesn't matter what mode the PASM is in, it always feels roughly the same. I guess I should probably bring it in to be looked at, but does this sound like something normal for a Macan to feel this way?
How are your tire pressures? Maybe not enough air?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally got it into the dealer today as I had enough of the wobbly rear end and I finally convinced myself it can't be normal, so I brought it in.

They say my rear shocks are seized, and are ordering two new ones. They removed the shocks and the car moved smoothly up and down as it should, but with the shocks connected there is no movement at all in the suspension.

I should have them in within 2 weeks (the service dept is booked solid for 2 weeks).

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Just out of curiosity, do you have a tow hitch on your Macan?

·
Premium Member
7,002 Posts
How come both shocks are seized?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have a tow hitch. I have no idea why they would be seized but I guess this would probably explain why I could never really feel any difference between any of the PASM modes either. I've owned the car for only about 1000 miles now, so it's hard for me to know what it's supposed to feel like.. I'm going to guess it's been like this since I bought it but I wonder how it could pass the CPO process like this.. They must have only driven it on smooth roads ?

The dealer did look up the previous service history and the previous owner never reported any issue.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Glad to hear your dealership was able to fix your Macan S...sad to hear the rear shocks only lasted 10,000 miles and the dealership didn't detect the issue during the initial CPO inspection...

·
Registered
2018 Macan GTS, Black/Red
12 Posts
Glad to hear your dealership was able to fix your Macan S...sad to hear the rear shocks only lasted 10,000 miles and the dealership didn't detect the issue during the initial CPO inspection...
Well, I am having similar issues with items not found during the CPO, just had lower control arms replaced due to cracked bushing. I've owned the vehicle for about four months. I complained about sloppy steering, they did an alignment, then replaced tires, finally control arm. I talked with an indy shop and the individual called out the bushing just on my description over the phone. It took 3 visits to dealer and two techs to figure it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts