Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cover piece on the rear brake caliper that says Porsche came off some how. Does anyone know the part number for this? I have not had any luck with Google.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Unfortunately - I looked through the Porsche Parts List PDF I have and there is no mention of that cover piece in there either. The caliper is always referred to as a full single unit only.

Hopefully someone else might have better news for you.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
......Does anyone know the part number for this? I have not had any luck with Google.....
As noted in the previous post, it is not listed separately in the Macan parts catalog. However, I would talk to the parts department at your dealership and see if they can source it for you. Before you do that, you might look in the trunk where the spare tire is and see if some mechanic tossed it in there because they lost the retaining clips for it.

If all else fails, you could try getting one for an Audi SQ5, and then have it painted and a Porsche emblem applied. Below is the Audi info.....but even that option is on the expensive side at $79 MSRP. If you happen to have a combined Porsche/Audi dealership near you, they might be willing to discount it for you. The ones I've seen on eBay advertise a good price, but the shipping is outrageous. Another alternative is to see if someone on an SQ5 forum has one to sell.
Good luck tracking it down. Let us know what you find out.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/714349-**ThunderDent**-SQ5-Build-Thread?p=11813821&viewfull=1#post11813821 (Post 127)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I would think Porsche would be embarrassed enough that this piece fell off in the first place that they could shyly just send you a new one. Otherwise, they will gain the reputation for early Harley's about having to carry a basket behind to pick up all the fallen parts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would think Porsche would be embarrassed enough that this piece fell off in the first place that they could shyly just send you a new one. Otherwise, they will gain the reputation for early Harley's about having to carry a basket behind to pick up all the fallen parts.
Ha, yeah 1 brake cover is going to undo 70+ years of racing reputation. :rolleyes:

Op didn’t say HOW it came off. It’s worth a try though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After googling, that is apparently the whole caliper assembly which is like $600. Thankfully I didn’t have to pay for it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any luck on an actual part number? I was replacing my rear pads/rotors today and my Porsche plate seemed to be seized into the calipers which was super odd. I’ve had very similar plates on a previous Audi RS5 and I never had an issue removing them. I am the second owner of this Macan turbo and I’m starting to think the previous owner might of clued them on there...

The only way to get them off was by force. The plate is broken, but the pins are still inside of the caliper which I now have to drill out (smh)..

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Porsche Parts book doesn't seem to list it as a separate part...

13 and 14 are: ventilation valve and dust boot

View attachment 228039
Thanks for the information. I can confirm that the Audi plate would not fit as the holes do not line up and the Porsche plate seems to be 2mm longer and 2mm shorter.

I can slap myself for breaking it off, but I had no choice. The rubber boot on the position was (for whatever reason) twisted and I had to turn it back a few turns to get it aligned properly back in place. I was successfully drilling the pieces out, but now it looks like the pictures above with no plate:/

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quick update. For those of you looking to find a quick solution, jump on eBay and find a used calipers. I found one with the e-brake, bracket, and caliper for $150 shipped. I plan to carefully take the used caliper plate off, paint it and J-B Weld it back in place.

I can confirm that the Audi RS, or SQ5 plate pins will not line up correctly. The Audi plate is 1.5mm shorter (from left to right) and 2mm taller (top to bottom) than the Porsche plate.

·
Super Moderator
2,036 Posts
The rubber boot on the position was (for whatever reason) twisted and I had to turn it back a few turns to get it aligned properly back in place.

I do not understand what this means. Should I substitute the word piston for position? Was the brake caliper piston rubber boot twisted?
If so, isn't that located on the inside of the caliper - and the plastic plate located on the outside of the caliper? How would the caliper piston
have rotated? Puzzling.

Were you trying to remove the plastic Porsche plate in order to secure the caliper while attempting to rotate the piston?

...dazed and confused... o_O

1 - 13 of 13 Posts