Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
You are maintaining the dealership. I’m doing all transmission, PDK, transfer case , and rear differential fluid at 60 k miles. I will also change out brakes, pads, shims and brake fluid. Then antifreeze. I am placing ARB lines in the vent tubes for the transfer case and transmission.

·
Premium Member
2018 Turbo & 2018 GTS
39 Posts
If our dearly departed 2014 Cayenne S is in any way indicative, I'd say these cars are near bullet proof. 100,000 miles and never in the shop for a repair of any kind. A deer collision did what 6 years of wear and tear could not.

·
Registered
77 Posts
2017 Macan S here at 32k miles. $0 spent on repairs, just about $1k per year on maintenance plus needed a new set of tires around 22k miles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I took delivery of my car (2020 base Macan), I got a different SA than who I bought it from. He had been a Porsche mechanic. He was really enthusiastic about how well built the car is. He said it would outlive me, and I’m middle aged.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
When I took delivery of my car (2020 base Macan), I got a different SA than who I bought it from. He had been a Porsche mechanic. He was really enthusiastic about how well built the car is. He said it would outlive me, and I’m middle aged.
Now, that's pretty scary. If that was told to me I'd run for my doctor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you maintain it, I would think you could get 350 k miles. only thing I’ve done that was absolutely necessary was replace serpentine belt tensioner at 40 k. If I ever got a new one I would have it thoroughly under coated. There is a lot of corrosion of bolt heads and aluminum oxidizing. Mine‘s a keeper, If I have to pay out of pocket for oil leak or transfer case or transmission, I can afford that. They just don‘t make them like they used to. Mine‘s out of warranty so I’ve added every performance mod I can except downpipes and AMS intercoolers, which I’ll do the AMS next Black Friday. Greatest vehicle I’ve ever owned, suits my needs perfectly!
Jerry, a reminder that Porsche is covering cost of transfer case replacement even if the car is out of warrantee. I’ve got a ‘16 Macan S with 60k miles and the tc just went bad and just got replaced No charge.

·
Registered
77 Posts
1000$ a year to maintain a new car is high.
Depends on the car. Would be very high on a new crappy Honda, I think it's fine for a Porsche that needs to go to the dealer every year to maintain warranty, and would be cheap on a new Ferrari.First year was actually maybe $400 since I did the 10k service around 7k, and that one doesn't entail much.

I forgot to mention brake pads and fluid around 20k miles, installed myself. Thought it needed front pads when light came on, like every other car I've owned. Bought a set of fronts, only to realize they had plenty of pad left and it was actually the rears that were worn out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Depends on the car. Would be very high on a new crappy Honda, I think it's fine for a Porsche that needs to go to the dealer every year to maintain warranty, and would be cheap on a new Ferrari.First year was actually maybe $400 since I did the 10k service around 7k, and that one doesn't entail much.

I forgot to mention brake pads and fluid around 20k miles, installed myself. Thought it needed front pads when light came on, like every other car I've owned. Bought a set of fronts, only to realize they had plenty of pad left and it was actually the rears that were worn out.
true the rears can wear out faster due to traction control activation

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts
It’s easy to use a flash light to check the brake pads, maybe with a small mirror if needed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
2015 Macan S here at 65k miles. Only $200 on repair for the timming chain tensioner maked some noise.
For the rest, it's only maintenance, brakes, tires and other normal thing to replace.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts