Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2018 Porsche Macan Base
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased of a 2018 Macan Base; LOVE the car, I just began to notice a rattling noise that seems to be getting louder and more noticeable when I'm driving around. It sounds like a loose screw shaking around under the steering wheel. I checked but everything seems to be in place! It's impossible to replicate the noise without driving so I can't figure it's exact location.

From what I've learned on previous threads in this forum is that it might be something to do with a loose tool behind the fuse box on the drivers side or a broken vanity mirror clamp... I checked all those and the noise is still there! Any input from you guys that have a similar issue? :cool: thank you! 馃檹

P.S. the car is still under the factory warranty, do you know if this is covered by that?

Registered
factory warranty (non-cpo) should cover rattles. Also make sure your trunk cover doesn't make this noise. This could also be the sport chrono clock cover if you have one equipped - tap around it to reproduce.

Registered
Let me know if you figure out the source. I鈥檝e been having this issue for a few months and cannot figure out the source. For me it鈥檚 intermittent. And I鈥檝e tried to reproduce it with SA in the car, but the little ******* was quiet as a church mouse! I really think its the sport chrono clock, but I cannot reproduce the noise by tapping around it as others have mentioned. I plan to take it apart this weekend to see what I find.

Premium Member

Registered
2018 Porsche Macan Base
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me know if you figure out the source. I鈥檝e been having this issue for a few months and cannot figure out the source. For me it鈥檚 intermittent. And I鈥檝e tried to reproduce it with SA in the car, but the little *** was quiet as a church mouse! I really think its the sport chrono clock, but I cannot reproduce the noise by tapping around it as others have mentioned. I plan to take it apart this weekend to see what I find.
Did you find the problem?

Registered
Did you find the problem?
I do know the fresh air vents are noisy at times. But I was told this was not a problem. (another feature I assume).

Just a thought, look under the hood , under the cowl. You will have to remove all the plastic panels below the wipers, and reassembly can be like a rubiks cube the first time, but you never know what you will find. I've made this a bi-monthly ritual now. To clear the debris and stuff that collects down there is disturbingly therapeutic.

Registered
Had this exact sound coming from what sounded like dash/drivers footwell area. Turned out to be coming from deep inside the steering column, which was replaced under warranty and noise eliminated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts