Porsche Macan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Yes the car was one owner and was traded into Porsche in May of 2020 with 80k miles the original owner had the car from May of 2015 until May 2020 and then traded it into Porsche and the current dealer has the car now which he used as a personal company vehicle for the last year so it was never registered as a personal vehicle so it doesn’t list as an owner, the carfax report doesn’t have much of a service history listed which is slightly concerning only the transfer case being replaced at 75k miles under Porsche warranty is on the report as well as a maintenance inspection when it was traded in, the current dealer which is also a mechanic did a full service of the car when he got it last year and said he also doesn’t have the history of the car other than it was owned by a pro baseball player in Miami so with that information I feel like it is highly doubtful that I will be able to get in touch with the original owner, but that also makes me feel like he wouldn’t of been the kind of person who would neglect maintenance, but that is just speculation.
I can believe there are some professional athletes who live more frugally than others, so it's possible one may have driven a Macan for a number of years and racked up some miles.

However, the belief that the owner of a Porsche dealership in the United States of America, who can drive pretty much any Porsche for essentially nothing out of pocket, would choose to drive a 5 year old Macan with 80K miles (for an entire year!) makes absolutely no sense to me.

I think you'd get push back if this was even given out as a loaner. Maybe this was a shuttle car, or something techs went and used to pick up parts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry, I don't want to hijack the thread but I guess my question is somewhat related... I fortunately do not have the infamous oil leak in my Macan at ~55k miles. Say I do get the leak in the future, is it worth it to fix it? If I got a good deal for PCNA I would definitely get it fixed, but is it really worth $10k? I've had Audis before so i'm no stranger to adding a quart of oil here and there 😁

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sorry, I don't want to hijack the thread but I guess my question is somewhat related... I fortunately do not have the infamous oil leak in my Macan at ~55k miles. Say I do get the leak in the future, is it worth it to fix it? If I got a good deal for PCNA I would definitely get it fixed, but is it really worth $10k? I've had Audis before so i'm no stranger to adding a quart of oil here and there 😁
I would look into the bandage fix of replacing just the reachable bolts if there is no assistance from PCNA which was the original solution by Porsche until cars started coming back because they would leak again. If you allow it to continue to leak, I believe it just makes the lower front part of the engine and the belly pan very messy. I suppose you could degrease clean every now and then. Build up of oil grime over electrical connectors and the alternator can't be good. Fortunately, the exhaust components are pretty far back and the leak isn't a streaming spray so I would say the risk of an engine fire is minimal. That could be a reason why this is just a service bulletin and not a recall.

Reactions: BrettB

·
Super Moderator
3,647 Posts
OK - that's it for this thread!

The oil service rants have morphed into a "what if I get the feared TCC oil leak" conversation. There are already threads devoted to that particular topic.

buh-bye!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.