Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
. . .I would prefer something that is a little nicer than chicken wire from Home Depot.
Here's the link for Home Depot chicken wire; looks like the shortest length available is 25' -- enough so that if you screw up installation the first time or five, there would be plenty left. Looks to be a quality product
As Benjamin Franklin said, "An ounce of prevention. . .is worth half a brick in an AMG headlight" (hope Mrs @///Bruce was okay)
https://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors-Pet-Supplies-Wildlife-Farm-Animal-Horse-Supplies-Farm-Animal-Supplies-Fencing-Chicken-Wire/N-5yc1vZc52o

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Just a little upset... My son and wife were not affected. Just the pocketbook. Found an OEM replacement for $1000.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here is the link: https://www.zunsport.com/us/porsche-us
I looked through all the Porsche pages but, unfortunately, I didn't see any for the Macan.
Had these on my Cayman and so do quite a few members of our local PCA chapter. Also on 911's. Zero air flow problems on the track or the street. Very well made. Mine were just shy of $180 in 2015 when I bought them. Too bad they don't make them for the Macan.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Here's the link for Home Depot chicken wire; looks like the shortest length available is 25' -- enough so that if you screw up installation the first time or five, there would be plenty left. Looks to be a quality product
As Benjamin Franklin said, "An ounce of prevention. . .is worth half a brick in an AMG headlight" (hope Mrs @///Bruce was okay)
https://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors-Pet-Supplies-Wildlife-Farm-Animal-Horse-Supplies-Farm-Animal-Supplies-Fencing-Chicken-Wire/N-5yc1vZc52o
Different mesh pattern

Reactions: FLDavid

·
Registered
210 Posts
I sent them an email asking if they will eventually offer a grill fornthe Macan.
They are looking into it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
Response

Thank you for your reply, this in deed a Product we wish to produce.
We have contacted some of our Porsche dealers in the UK along with Porsche Club UK to establish a development vehicle to complete
Our programme.
I will keep you updated on our progress.

Kind Regards
Peter Langston
Zunsport
P:01543 273642
[email protected]
www.zunsport.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I fabricated grills for my S, used metal gutter guards from Loew’s. No increase in engine temperature. Only concern is ice and snow buildup, but don’t have much of that where I live though. You need to learn how to take the front fascia off your car, very easy. If you’ve seen pictures of the vents removed in front of the intercoolers you’ll find an area that you can’t get to that will have a lot of junk blocking a corner. Use a pressure washer and blast it front and back, remove wheel liners for this too. Nothing like a clean machine! Look up the directions for installing AWS intercoolers, while you have the front off you can change your diverter valves as well

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I took my front fascia off and took a look at the intercooler radiators, a little debris but no leaves or large bugs. No change in operating temperature. Had a piece of metal from a truck bounce into my grill, blocked it nicely!

61 - 70 of 70 Posts