Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'd like to like to know if it's correct that my macan s left radiator grill opened after I shut down the engine and lock the car.

This only when whether is very very hot like in these days in Italy (35° Celsius)

I wait for you

·
Registered
691 Posts
Active Aero

Hi,
I'd like to like to know if it's correct that my macan s left radiator grill opened after I shut down the engine and lock the car.

This only when whether is very very hot like in these days in Italy (35° Celsius)

I wait for you
Correct, it will temporarily stay open for cool down purposes when needed even after you shut off the Macan... when driving it will vary.

Porsche Macan S - Efficiency-enhancing measures - Porsche AG

"Active aerodynamics
The radiator grille shutter opens the cooling air flaps only as needed. Whenever the cooling requirement is low, such as on relaxed drives, the radiator grille shutter closes. Aerodynamics are improved, which helps to improve fuel economy. If, for example, a sporty driving style is adopted and the demand for power increases, the cooling air flaps will open and let in the necessary amount of cooling air for increased driving performance."​

:nerd:

·
Registered
691 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Where are these flaps that one can see them and know if they are open or closed?
Look straight into the grill. Flaps open, you'll see the radiator; flaps closed you won't.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In these day here is very very hot...38° Celsius.

My Macan S petrol is always grill radiator opened and the front fan are always turned on after I turn off the car... To take inside a bit of air for cooling engine.

Is it ok?

I remember that my previous cars do that only few times after I go fast on street... Now my Macan S do that also when I go for few few km...

So after turn off and lock the car at high temperature I note that front grill is opened and the fan are working for cooling, and the vent

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
It's normal, plus the fan you might be hearing is from the AC and not the engine one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,

I wait for you
What do you mean - very hot at 35 deg C? We just hit 40 deg C in Prague today and should be hotter still tomorrow. Can I come down to Rome to cool off?

·
Registered
602 Posts
What do you mean - very hot at 35 deg C? We just hit 40 deg C in Prague today and should be hotter still tomorrow. Can I come down to Rome to cool off?
+38 in Vienna. SOS. SOS!
to our US friends it's 101.4 F

escape to basement..

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
40s? What a difference just one month can bring? It was 16-17 deg C when we were there in late June - and it was raining too -

There is somewhere on E551 - east of Ceske Budejovice

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
+38 in Vienna. SOS. SOS!
to our US friends it's 101.4 F

escape to basement..
He he!! >:D it was 20 deg when I was there last month.... and here back at home it is not that bad !

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
Mine is always shut after turning off the engine, in any weather.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've noticed mine open on occasion and closed on others, but never really paid attention to the weather to see if there is a correlation. I assumed that it was related to the engine temp at the time of shut down.

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
It's been parked for about three hours, but the radiator grille shutter stays open. The ambient temp is like 42F (5C)degrees. I've never seen it stay open like this.
So, do you know whether the louvers shut as soon as you started the car? Just wondering if they simply keep their last position until the engine is restarted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I watched mine last night after I switched off the engine - the fans kept going for a couple of minutes and then switched off after which the shutters closed...

1 - 20 of 117 Posts