Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I just added a Racechip RS to my 2015 Macan S and wanted to provide some feedback as most threads are about the GTS or old Ultimate not the RS version.

I decided to try the RS instead of the GTS as it was much cheaper and only had a 10HP difference.

Instalation took about 15 minutes and was well documented and very easy.

After initial testing I am quite happy with the performance gains. Most noticeable is the reduction in turbo lag and higher boost in lower RPM range.

The car finally feels quick and does not run out of steam like it did before.

I started with it on map 4 and it felt great. I then moved it up to map 5 and noticed the boost preassue began to flutter when it hit around 11psi. As a result it did not feel as quick as map 4 so I moved it back down.

Not sure if the flutter is because of the 77k miles on the waste gates of if the boost was just building to quickly for them. It looks like that is a common problem for tuned Macans. Glad it is not an issue with the default map.

I will try to update this from time to time but so far the Racechip RS is a major go and something I should have done when I first got the car.

Racechip claims this puts the macan S just under 400HP. I would say by the seat of pants feel that seems accurate. This is the wife's car and now it feels similar to my Maserati quattroporte S (404hp) and similar to my old infiniti M56 and Fx50, 420 and 390hp.

I feel like this mod may have just added another year or more to the ownership time of this suv for me. I was beginning to think about something with more power... It feels like a new car now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i also recently added a piggyback tuning system to my 18' Macan S but went with Vector Tuning. does the Racechip RS have connections to the Camshaft, MAP and turbo sensors? what made you choose the Raceship RS over other manufacturers? the Vector unit also claims to add about 58 hp and 78 lbs ft of torque but not sure if it feels like that much, according to my butt dyno. i'm also on 91 octane on the westcoast. i currently have my set up on Sport +2. the Vector unit allows for plus or minus 3 for Eco, Sport and Power. tried Power mode and the car felt sluggish and unresponsive, like it was confused.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with race chip because the price point was good and they seem to be a legit company with some presence in the US. They also have a chip for my Maserati. So I wanted to test it on my macan and then get one for my QP, which I will do.

This application was only Map and boost not Cam timing...

Plus their domonstator car a few years ago was a Macan Turbo so I figured they had alot of dyno time on the platform.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts