Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this build spec currently

Porsche Code

The car will be Gentian Blue. The configurator shows the front fascia or grill area in body color. If you select the option, “Front Fascia in Exterior Color”, the only thing that changes is the lower lip gets painted. Try selecting it in the configurator and you will notice this small change. I really don’t care if the lower lip is painted. It’s only likely to get scuffed in parking curb encounters. I don’t like the massive all flat black fascia.

Do I need to order “Front Fascia in Exterior Color” the avoid this?
Does the standard model arrangement come all flat black or painted as shown in the configurator?

Perhaps this another example of errors in the configurator and how the photos used to depict the build.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
I have this build spec currently

Porsche Code

The car will be Gentian Blue. The configurator shows the front fascia or grill area in body color. If you select the option, “Front Fascia in Exterior Color”, the only thing that changes is the lower lip gets painted. Try selecting it in the configurator and you will notice this small change. I really don’t care if the lower lip is painted. It’s only likely to get scuffed in parking curb encounters. I don’t like the massive all flat black fascia.

Do I need to order “Front Fascia in Exterior Color” the avoid this?
Does the standard model arrangement come all flat black or painted as shown in the configurator?

Perhaps this another example of errors in the configurator and how the photos used to depict the build.
If you think you can get those black tattooed lips off the front of the car that easily it isn't going to happen. The people that made that terrible decision have their jobs at stake. The net result is my much older Macan is a whole lot better looking than any new one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you think you can get those black tattooed lips off the front of the car that easily it isn't going to happen. The people that made that terrible decision have their jobs at stake. The net result is my much older Macan is a whole lot better looking than any new one.
I think you misunderstood my question, but thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, can you show us a picture?
I’m am having a problem copying pictures on my iPad.

But it you open the configurator in my post, you will see much of the front fascia painted in the photo before you add options. Scroll down to “Exterior”, and select “Front Fascia in Exterior Color”. The only change you will see in configurator front view of the car is the painting of the lower area of the fascia. If the standard arrangement is as depicted, I won’t order “Front Fascia in Exterior Color“. But I suspect the illustration of the standard is incorrect and the “Front Fascia in Exterior Color” must be ordered to get that center portion of the fascia painted.

I was hoping that someone has received or actually seen a USA market model and can comfirm what’s painted.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I surmise @wwahl is correct on this one. A main feature of the new design is the black outline, "the black lips". Will have to wait to see one in person to see whether they went with too much plastic on the front end.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are showing a Macan S vs. a GTS.

Mr. Wolfe
Are you indicating that the S has color in parts of the central grill area, while the GTS gets the flat black plastic look instead? I haven’t been able to locate a photo of a USA spec S to comfirm this. If true, that would be great because I’m trying to eliminate as much of the flat black within the ”outer ring” as possible.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I believe Porsche has found a better way to save a pretty good bit of coin at your expense: flat black plastic like you'd find on an Element:

It's bland flat-black plastic. You don't have to prep it, prime it or paint it. Money!

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
I believe Porsche has found a better way to save a pretty good bit of coin at your expense: flat black plastic like you'd find on an Element:

It's bland flat-black plastic. You don't have to prep it, prime it or paint it. Money!
"It's bland flat-black plastic. "
Yes sir, that really adds to the ambience, doesn't it? Just what I am looking for in my magic missile, Flat black plastic.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Are you indicating that the S has color in parts of the central grill area, while the GTS gets the flat black plastic look instead? I haven’t been able to locate a photo of a USA spec S to comfirm this. If true, that would be great because I’m trying to eliminate as much of the flat black within the ”outer ring” as possible.
Yes, the GTS always gets more black.

Mr. Wolfe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts