Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
Open the trunk. Either stop it with your hand or manually move it to the height at which you wish it to stop. Then press and hold the open close button (in the trunk lid) until it beeps. It will now open to this height only.
Bingo !! Thats how he did it .

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hello - I’ve just bought my brand new Miami Blue Macan and needless to say, I love it. Well - I’m super worried that one day someone will accidentally press the boot button on the fob and open the hatch while in my very low garage. It will definitely damage the hatch pretty badly.

Is there a way to lock the hatch so that it can’t be opened with a fob unless unlocked first? Or somehow adjust the height of the hatch so that it stops before fully open?

If it’s a no for both, then the only way will be to add some padding on the garage ceiling but even that won’t prevent some damage, I’m sure...

Thanks!
I'll hang a good foam pad from the ceiling and job done, if your garage is very low and you set your hatch to open that way you'll have to crawl under it everywhere to load something into it, as once you set the stop height it will open to that height all the time, not just inside the garage.
Just be careful and add some extra protection, if the hatch gets stopped by something the motors will stop and sound the buzzer alerting you of what happened.

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
Merging this thread with another from 2016 - post #10 in that thread contains the instructions for limiting rear lid travel.

@MiamiLover: Please review the contents of this thread:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am unable to open my hatch from the rear of my Macan without the key fob? Did I miss that option
If the vehicle is unlocked, the button on the wiper arm will open it without requiring the key.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts