Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can't believe someone from the dealership did not go over everything with you on the car. When I go my first Macan S in 2017 the salesman loved it when he told me to open the back and I fumbled around looking for the button.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
38 Posts
I can't believe someone from the dealership did not go over everything with you on the car. When I go my first Macan S in 2017 the salesman loved it when he told me to open the back and I fumbled around looking for the button.
I literally took my car and drove it to Arizona so I got no instruction but that was on me

·
Registered
128 Posts
The dealer wanted to show me everything, but I was impatient and just wanted to jump in and drive.

I learned a lot later reading the manual and hanging out here!

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
38 Posts
The dealer wanted to show me everything, but I was impatient and just wanted to jump in and drive.

I learned a lot later reading the manual and hanging out here!
The same I took my Macan and drove from the dealership straight to Arizona 😂

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
38 Posts
I'm here to tell you that is so much you can learn by reading that manual. One of my biggest disappointments this year was when PCNA took the manual off the internet.
Yes.. so much information it’s hard for a dummy like me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello - I’ve just bought my brand new Miami Blue Macan and needless to say, I love it. Well - I’m super worried that one day someone will accidentally press the boot button on the fob and open the hatch while in my very low garage. It will definitely damage the hatch pretty badly.

Is there a way to lock the hatch so that it can’t be opened with a fob unless unlocked first? Or somehow adjust the height of the hatch so that it stops before fully open?

If it’s a no for both, then the only way will be to add some padding on the garage ceiling but even that won’t prevent some damage, I’m sure...

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,253 Posts
Hello - I’ve just bought my brand new Miami Blue Macan and needless to say, I love it. Well - I’m super worried that one day someone will accidentally press the boot button on the fob and open the hatch while in my very low garage. It will definitely damage the hatch pretty badly.

Is there a way to lock the hatch so that it can’t be opened with a fob unless unlocked first? Or somehow adjust the height of the hatch so that it stops before fully open?

If it’s a no for both, then the only way will be to add some padding on the garage ceiling but even that won’t prevent some damage, I’m sure...

Thanks!
Many years ago a service adviser showed me that there is a way to set the the trunk to only rise to a specific height . I don't remember how but if there is not a lock choice then its something else to consider.

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts
Check the owners manual. You can set how high the trunk hatch opens up to. I did on my Macan.

Reactions: Thunder
21 - 40 of 44 Posts