2018 porsche macan turbo pp
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys . long story i make it short
quick question ab this
sry i wasnt born here. hopefully u guys know wat i mean w my poor english
i know it will transefer backup file to computer when connect to computer
but question is will it backup everytime flash any ecu from it after unmarried
reason im confusing bc i had fabspeed tune first . dnt like it ,trash but forgot flash back to factory ecu
then i bought cobb ac3 n flat 6 stage1+
i know it will backup the fabspeed tune as factory ecu
and i just tradein my macan gts for another gts (personal picky ab little detail diffence)
of cause i did unmarried the cobb ac
and than i use it on new gts ..
questions
1 will it backup my oem ecu and cover the fbaspeed tune? bc i did't see anything say that its backup
2 if i make an appointment to the dealer for upgrady ecu aft unmarried codd
than go home flash stage1+ again will it backup the new oem ecu?
3 anyone try feel oem vs stage0 ?
i know stage 0 is oem+ map from cobb
but i really feel diffence to factory mab..
i switch ibt many time to feel it on the road
hope u guys can help..
thank u so much....plz

· Registered
2017 Porsche Macan Turbo
24 Posts
From my understanding, stage 0 is a copy of your OEM tune, or whatever map you were running prior to the cobb flash.
With that said, yes if you get the car reflashed at the dealer then install stage 1+, it should give you a backup of the OEM tune on the cobb. Unsure how it would be named as you would already have a stage 0 on the accesport, but I’d imagine it would be Stage 0 (1) or something similar.
If someone else is more well versed on this, please feel free to correct me.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From my understanding, stage 0 is a copy of your OEM tune, or whatever map you were running prior to the cobb flash.
With that said, yes if you get the car reflashed at the dealer then install stage 1+, it should give you a backup of the OEM tune on the cobb. Unsure how it would be named as you would already have a stage 0 on the accesport, but I’d imagine it would be Stage 0 (1) or something similar.
If someone else is more well versed on this, please feel free to correct me.
Ty for ur reply

· Registered
2017 Porsche Macan Turbo
24 Posts
Also confused bc I switched many time
But when I check the backup file in the computer
Date never change. Still day one when I installed ac
Here’s something I found directly from Cobb on another forum that should clear it up for you:
“To confirm, the Accessport does back up the stock ROM data. The Accessport comes programmed with the stock ROM data. Once you have plugged your Accessport in your computer, the file saves in a locked /secret file on your computer. We do this to prevent any tinkering to the data. All Accessports come with the stock ROM data, so if anything does happen to your current Accessport you will be covered if you need the stock ROM data.

When you uninstall the Accessport it will automatically remove the COBB OTS tune and write the stock ROM file back on the ECU.

Stage 0 is the stock ROM data but that allows you to marry the Accessport to your [car] so that you can use all the cool COBB Tuning features.”

How I understand that is when you unmarry your device, your first backup will be reflashed into the car.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here’s something I found directly from Cobb on another forum that should clear it up for you:
“To confirm, the Accessport does back up the stock ROM data. The Accessport comes programmed with the stock ROM data. Once you have plugged your Accessport in your computer, the file saves in a locked /secret file on your computer. We do this to prevent any tinkering to the data. All Accessports come with the stock ROM data, so if anything does happen to your current Accessport you will be covered if you need the stock ROM data.

When you uninstall the Accessport it will automatically remove the COBB OTS tune and write the stock ROM file back on the ECU.

Stage 0 is the stock ROM data but that allows you to marry the Accessport to your [car] so that you can use all the cool COBB Tuning features.”

How I understand that is when you unmarry your device, your first backup will be reflashed into the car.
Ty for ur time n help
From wat I understand here ab if first backup was the one from fabspeed speed witch mean I will lost new oem ecu after I use ac and unmarried again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.