Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a long time X5 fan switching teams to buy a new Macan. I’m considering PTS Garnet Red Metallic or Malachite Green. Anyone own or ordered a Garnet Red Macan?

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
I’m a long time X5 fan switching teams to buy a new Macan. I’m considering PTS Garnet Red Metallic or Malachite Green. Anyone own or ordered a Garnet Red Macan?

Did you notice Porsche doubled the PTS price to $12k??

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Did you notice Porsche doubled the PTS price to $12k??
Why? Same on the 992 /forum/images/MacanForum/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png

Its almost like the don’t want you to order it /forum/images/MacanForum/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
I know Grim. I don’t think they want to do it. It sad because this will dramatically cut down on how many PTS cars you see. Glad I got mine already :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Probably a combination of Porsche attempting to squeeze every dollar they can out of their customers and PTS being almost too cheap for a while causing too many orders which became a logistical nightmare at the factory. Not many Macan buyers opted for it, but when PTS was "only" $6K, lots and lots of 911 buyers were looking to order cars painted in their choice of color, especially the higher trims and GT cars. I think this led to a lot of customers being turned down and to a lot of disgruntled buyers and frustrated dealerships. The solution was easy: double the price and the order glut sorts itself right out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This forum has been great. I’m not yet at the point of pulling the trigger but Porsche is not making it easy on multiple fronts. I’ve now added BMW back in the mix (my 2004 x5 runs like a charm with 350k miles). It has been night and day .... huge inventory / selection and hungry for my business. I know ... it’s not a Porsche but I do have my limits. Pressing on and am going to check out a different Porsche dealer in town.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Before heading out on vacay, I pulled the trigger on new Macan S opting for Night Blue rather than PTS. Super stoked to get a brother from a different mother to keep my (old) X5 company. As others in the forum recommended, I also worked with Chad Pierce (678) 386-7601 who was awesome. He works in internet sales out of Atlanta.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Before heading out on vacay, I pulled the trigger on new Macan S opting for Night Blue rather than PTS. Super stoked to get a brother from a different mother to keep my (old) X5 company. As others in the forum recommended, I also worked with Chad Pierce (678) 386-7601 who was awesome. He works in internet sales out of Atlanta.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took delivery of my 2020 Macan S this week (3 weeks early). While I’ve been travelling a lot, I “found” time to put a quick 400 miles on my new beast in the mountains north of Atlanta. To close out this chapter, thought I’d share several purchase takeaways:

1. If you are considering a Porsche for the first time .... DO IT and don’t look back. (The first time I hit the accelerator, I instantly knew I made the right choice).
2. The Macan purchase is the the BEST DRIVING INVESTMENT I’ve made. (The base price of the 2020 Macan S is close to what I paid for my 2004 X5 that I love and still drive with 356k miles and counting. The inflation adjusted comparison is pretty simple. I did spend the $$ on 20 inch wheels, tunes and a few utilitarian features .... running boards and hitch)
3. NIGHT BLUE IS A ROCK STAR and really 2 different colors depending on the lighting (I wasn’t willing to pay the $$ for my top pick: garnet red metallic. With Night Blue, the old Seinfeld “two face” girlfriend episode came to mind .... except both faces look great lol)
4. CALL Chad Pierce if you are looking for a great buying experience and pricing! (678.386.7601)

Ciao!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts