Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Just got back from the dyno, pretty solid gains. We're happy with the results. Ultimately the TCU is limiting torque so without a solution there, we don't want to push the vehicle much more. It would also benefit from water/meth injection on the power side.

I do believe if we could manage the Macan on the dyno better not to kick down gears, we probably would have put 520 ft/lb of torque down but we have to ease into the throttle so the transmission doesn't kick down. We believe 500whp is possible with a TCU tune but want to keep this reliable and power at safe numbers. This is putting roughly 540HP at the crank and over 600 ft/lbs of torque. Unfortunately, it's still in the 80s here in FL so not exactly the best conditions for a dyno either. This kit is capable of about 600HP with a TCU tune but you start to risk possible longevity issues with the PDK. We're not entirely sure the limits of the stock clutches. We haven't had any issues at all with these power levels. For the time being, these are the power levels you can expect from our Turbo Kit (made by Pure Turbos) with our tuning. I'm not sure what the S/GTS will look like yet but my guess is if the Turbo is doing ~540HP at the crank, we'll probably see ~480-500HP with the 3.0L engine.

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just got back from the dyno, pretty solid gains. We're happy with the results. Ultimately the TCU is limiting torque so without a solution there, we don't want to push the vehicle much more. It would also benefit from water/meth injection on the power side.

I do believe if we could manage the Macan on the dyno better not to kick down gears, we probably would have put 520 ft/lb of torque down but we have to ease into the throttle so the transmission doesn't kick down. We believe 500whp is possible with a TCU tune but want to keep this reliable and power at safe numbers. This is putting roughly 540HP at the crank and over 600 ft/lbs of torque. Unfortunately, it's still in the 80s here in FL so not exactly the best conditions for a dyno either. This kit is capable of about 600HP with a TCU tune but you start to risk possible longevity issues with the PDK. We're not entirely sure the limits of the stock clutches. We haven't had any issues at all with these power levels. For the time being, these are the power levels you can expect from our Turbo Kit (made by Pure Turbos) with our tuning. I'm not sure what the S/GTS will look like yet but my guess is if the Turbo is doing ~540HP at the crank, we'll probably see ~480-500HP with the 3.0L engine.

View attachment 250008
What kind of boost are you seeing to achieve these numbers? I believe torque is capped at 600nm in TCU.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Vendor
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I thought you guys would find this interesting. The Project Macan Turbo (BLUE) vs 991 (911) Turbo S - Stock (RED).

They pretty much make identical max power but the Macan has some better area under the curve. One note, the Macan kept dropping down a gear on the dyno so the operator had to really ease into the throttle to get the car to stay in gear. Max torque is likely 1,000+ RPMs sooner and would change the power down low a little but.

Rectangle Product Slope Plot Font

·
Registered
2015 Porsche Macan S
103 Posts
I’m tempted to, but the fueling limits are such a bummer…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Did you enable dyno mode via piwis for these pulls ? Would that of helped ?

·
Supporting Vendor
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Did you enable dyno mode via piwis for these pulls ? Would that of helped ?
I did not, unfortunately the Cobb dyno mode isn't supported for the Macan. It would have helped show the down low power curve but I guess at the end of the day, the more important stuff is really in the mid range and higher RPMs in terms of power. My butt dyno is extremely calibrated, my guess was within 1whp lol. At any rate, the power curve mimics the OEM runs just a lot more power, I'm very confident in that.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts