Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
New episode up!

@[email protected] I can see by your facial expressions that it's different. Smiley isn't the word, like a kid in a candy shop!!

Just out of interest, what kind of boost was you running in this video? Do you plan to get PDK tuned to increase the torque limiters? Rather than cheating via ECU tune?

I for one am bloody excited to see how much power it gets and how reliable the engine stays at that level of power.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Vendor
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That base map was only on about 18-19 psi. We're currently testing with 23psi but still have a ways to go on the tuning side. We picked up the car yesterday, so you're seeing it in real time almost! We don't have access to tune the PDK at this time, our goal is to not have to take that step, so far, so good.

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
How many PSI is the system capable of holding ? What would be Max boost target Jon ?

MT 2016

·
Supporting Vendor
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
No major updates on the turbo kit yet. We're continuing our testing and logging.

Currently testing on about 23 PSI. Everything is running great and fine on our initial analysis, trans temps, oil temps, coolant, etc. Boost is holding strong and consistent. Drivability is great on them as well. We haven't had much time on the tuning side over the last week but plan to dive more into it in the coming weeks and getting dyno and performance numbers. Form an initial look, it seems like everything will hold up fine regarding fueling and driveline which was an unknown until now. Obviously more testing in front of us.

A little bird told me a popular tuning device for this platform is going to go up in price within the next month. Also, there appears we have the last few intercoolers from a certain brand who will be discontinuing them. We're working with a reputable company on an intercooler kit but probably won't be ready until Q1 2022. More details to come. Just wanted to mention for guys close but on the sidelines buying.

Overall, this kit isn't going to be very economical given the supporting mods and expense of installation. However, we think it's going to be an attractive and reliable packages for those looking to really get the most out of their Macans. We'll be working on a beta test with a S/GTS here shortly as well. I don't have timing yet on the release of these but we're hoping in the next month or two. The S/GTS we're hoping before the end of the year.

·
Registered
405 Posts
No major updates on the turbo kit yet. We're continuing our testing and logging.

Currently testing on about 23 PSI. Everything is running great and fine on our initial analysis, trans temps, oil temps, coolant, etc. Boost is holding strong and consistent. Drivability is great on them as well. We haven't had much time on the tuning side over the last week but plan to dive more into it in the coming weeks and getting dyno and performance numbers. Form an initial look, it seems like everything will hold up fine regarding fueling and driveline which was an unknown until now. Obviously more testing in front of us.

A little bird told me a popular tuning device for this platform is going to go up in price within the next month. Also, there appears we have the last few intercoolers from a certain brand who will be discontinuing them. We're working with a reputable company on an intercooler kit but probably won't be ready until Q1 2022. More details to come. Just wanted to mention for guys close but on the sidelines buying.

Overall, this kit isn't going to be very economical given the supporting mods and expense of installation. However, we think it's going to be an attractive and reliable packages for those looking to really get the most out of their Macans. We'll be working on a beta test with a S/GTS here shortly as well. I don't have timing yet on the release of these but we're hoping in the next month or two. The S/GTS we're hoping before the end of the year.
Any update @[email protected]?

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Another great offering Jon ! Nice
Brake dust....you didnt make much mention of that for this setup....better than OEM ? Worse ? another pad maybe for those not tracking...but just hate dust ?
thanks

·
Supporting Vendor
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Another great offering Jon ! Nice
Brake dust....you didnt make much mention of that for this setup....better than OEM ? Worse ? another pad maybe for those not tracking...but just hate dust ?
thanks
The dust is similar to OEM, maybe a little worse. The Hawk Ceramics are another good alternative and dust less.

·
Supporting Vendor
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
For those following along, the tuning and testing has gone well. We're hoping to get to the dyno in the next couple of weeks and then will be releasing the kit. I have a few sets that should be ready to go when we release them. We did also confirm that the turbos are identical between the S / GTS / Turbo, but obviously will require some different tuning.

·
Supporting Vendor
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
What are you guys thinking for price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just launched the pre-order page, Pure Turbos does the work and sets pricing but inline with their twin turbo upgrades.

We're hoping to get to the dyno in the next couple of weeks before the end of the year. We're also working on a Water/Meth kit, not sure if we'll have numbers with it but we'll see!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just launched the pre-order page, Pure Turbos does the work and sets pricing but inline with their twin turbo upgrades.

We're hoping to get to the dyno in the next couple of weeks before the end of the year. We're also working on a Water/Meth kit, not sure if we'll have numbers with it but we'll see!
Need dyno figures, and 0-60 and 1/4 times

21 - 40 of 53 Posts