Porsche Macan Forum banner

121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can confirm that after the update, satellite view is back (Sat Map replacing Google Earth). Haven't done a navigation update so far.
Edit: navigation update is working as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
I've had enough. Two days ago I switched my cell phone provider and swapped my Android phone for an iPhone 12. As much as I hate the iPhone (I've been an Android user all my life), I love Apple Car Play.

I also called Porsche Connect and asked them to cancel my services and refund the fee for the unused portion of it from 12/8/20, when it stopped working, to 6/4/21. The gall on the phone told me that they should process my request by Wednesday.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So, the latest in the navigation/Google Earth saga is I had a service visit this morning because I haven't been able to keep navigation working (2018 Macan GTS with Porsche connect, carplay) more then four or five days at a time. My IT instincts were correct. I suspected the GPS antenna needed to be reseated because of the way it would start and stop working intermittently. The service tech judged the antenna cable to need replacement so I will be back there in a couple of days. When I asked about the SD card update to resolve the Google Earth issue I got the by now familiar blank and confused facial expression from the Service Manager. It will be nice to have reliable navigation at least.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I just received my invoice from Porsche Connect. Called and spoke to a very helpful rep. She immediately offered to refund the charge and told me that the last information update that had from the mothership was the fix would be done by mid February. They have had no further information to give out since then. Apologized for not having any more current information and said it was a real nightmare for them because of the call volume. Keep the pressure up. The squeaky wheel get the grease.

·
Registered
2018 Macan GTS, Black/Red
5 Posts
I called Connect customer service today and the tech said I needed part number 9P1919360AL, an SD card. He said it was an update that was issued 6 days ago. However, when I search the part number, the description is SD Card with no details and it’s only $22USD. Is there any data on it. When I had to update my Audi for a similar issue the price was over $400USD.
Has anyone else heard about a recent update that will resolve the Google Earth Loading problem?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I called Connect customer service today and the tech said I needed part number 9P1919360AL, an SD card. He said it was an update that was issued 6 days ago. However, when I search the part number, the description is SD Card with no details and it’s only $22USD. Is there any data on it. When I had to update my Audi for a similar issue the price was over $400USD.
Has anyone else heard about a recent update that will resolve the Google Earth Loading problem?
Well yes, most of us have heard about it and at least a few dealer service departments have installed it. In my dealer's case, the Service Manager did not have it available as of last week. I'm hopeful when a replacement cable for GPS is ready to be installed the update will also be available.

On a related note, my GPS has been stable since the technician diagnosed the bad cable. I believe he re-seated it during his troubleshooting. It also restored Apple Carplay. I had not been sure whether Carplay depends on the vehicle's GPS but now I know for sure that it does.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went to dealer and got the update. They told that it did not work and they were to speak with Porsche for support. Disappointing. I tried goggle earth a few days later and amazingly, it is working just like before. I think this is news we have been waiting for. Not sure but maybe it needed an over the air update. I am Ontario, Canada and can confirm the update works as advertised. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2018 Macan GTS, Black/Red
5 Posts
Update
I have a service appointment for next week to have update installed, but Google Earth maps started working over the weekend. I’ve had the vehicle for about 2 weeks and use it as a daily driver but only drive about 20 minutes to work. My theory, on my situation, is the car must have needed more time to download all the required data. Now, when ever I open maps satellite imagery shows up. I did notice that, to get imagery in the instrument cluster, I needed open the map on the PCM first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Look like that Porsche fixed Google Maps also in Switzerland (and maybe in Europe). Today in my 718 Boxster (2017) the PCM star Google Maps without problem as before December.
I suppose that Porsche renew the contract with Google, maybe deal with Google was cheaper than recall all PCM.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Mine started working too, out of the blue. However, the maps are still outdated. I am trying to update the maps over the air, its' been stuck on "Downloaded 16%" for a week now. I also requested Porsche to cancel my subscription and give me a refund for 6 months. Someone replied that my refund was approved and that I will get money put back on my credit card within 5-10 business days. Its been three weeks and no refund so far.

·
Premium Member
2018 Macan Turbo
18 Posts
Google Earth is working for me as well. Pedro, you're right it doesn't take much to make us happy.

Working maps adds at least 10hp too.🤣

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Does anyone have Satellite Maps working in Nav system?
1) As I see this is your first post, welcome to the forum.

2) As a new user, one of the first things you should learn is to use the Search Community box, which is up top on most forum pages.

It is a rare topic that hasn't been discussed before, although new issues do crop up from time to time. If you use the Search Community field, it is highly likely that you'll find an existing thread that addresses, and probably answers, your question. Additionally, if you add to one of those threads, vs. starting a new one (which you just did), it will make life easier for someone down the road, who has the same question; this way, that future member will have one less thread to check out.

In your particular case, you are asking something that has seen wide coverage in the last few months on the forum. If you enter, for example, google earth in the Search Community box, you'll see several relevant threads returned. I don't have Nav or Connect on my '18 Macan S, so I am not up on this topic, but the lengthy thread Problems with Google Earth, started four months ago, looks like a good place for you to start your reading.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to add that it is often helpful, in resolving problems, if you state your model year and trim level, as these are sometimes relevant to the appropriate answer. So you might want to get in that habit in posts, or add that information to your signature block.

121 - 140 of 146 Posts