Porsche Macan Forum banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Still broken in Europe.

When I log into my Porsche Connect Services I get this:
GOOGLE® Earth Contract term: to Jun 7, 2021
In combination with Google Earth, the PCM can show you an extended map with aerial views of buildings, roads, or terrain.

Haha. Not working since Mid-December 2020.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Still broken in Europe.

When I log into my Porsche Connect Services I get this:
GOOGLE® Earth Contract term: to Jun 7, 2021
In combination with Google Earth, the PCM can show you an extended map with aerial views of buildings, roads, or terrain.

Haha. Not working since Mid-December 2020.
Mine began working today, anyone else? I've only made a short 2 mile trip so I'm not sure how long it will last. This happened once before a couple of months ago but it stopped working again. Fingers crossed, and please if anyone else has it working again please let us know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine began working today, anyone else? I've only made a short 2 mile trip so I'm not sure how long it will last. This happened once before a couple of months ago but it stopped working again. Fingers crossed, and please if anyone else has it working again please let us know.
I should say that I noticed it was working today. I haven't even tried to use it for several weeks. After work today I will take a drive just to test it again.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
No miracles for me, I just went for a 10-min drive and checked. Earth is not loading, software update is available, but not loading either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No miracles for me, I just went for a 10-min drive and checked. Earth is not loading, software update is available, but not loading either.
I should clarify that Google Earth does not work for me. It is navigation that is now working. I had not been able to use it since the Google Earth thing started. I've been afraid to try Google Earth today since I have navigation for the first time in quite a while. It's a relief because I was afraid the wear and tear of perching my mobile on the fold down CD/DVD player cover would damage it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I should clarify that Google Earth does not work for me. It is navigation that is now working. I had not been able to use it since the Google Earth thing started. I've been afraid to try Google Earth today since I have navigation for the first time in quite a while. It's a relief because I was afraid the wear and tear of perching my mobile on the fold down CD/DVD player cover would damage it.
I don't believe anyone lost the entire navigation, only Google Earth feature and software updates stopped working in December of last year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have made an appointment with my dealership, the solution is coming. My appointment is March 16 to get it resolved, they have ordered an SD Card and performing an update.

See email from dealer below from Monday to book appointment.

I wanted to touch base regarding the update for the maps. We need to order a new SD card to perform the update which is coming from Germany. It will take about 2 weeks to arrive.

Did you want to tentatively schedule a date about 2-2.5 weeks from now? We will need the vehicle for half the day. We can provide a loaner vehicle if that is easier for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have made an appointment with my dealership, the solution is coming. My appointment is March 16 to get it resolved, they have ordered an SD Card and performing an update.

I wanted to touch base regarding the update for the maps. We need to order a new SD card to perform the update which is coming from Germany. It will take about 2 weeks to arrive.

Did you want to tentatively schedule a date about 2-2.5 weeks from now? We will need the vehicle for half the day. We can provide a loaner vehicle if that is easier for you.
Wow, I did not expect a half day would be necessary. I am going to request an appointment at my dealer and see what happens. Please let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
22 Posts

I PETERB my dealer ordered this SD Card : 9Y0 909 000 B for my navigation map problem do you now if it is the same part that they ordered for your macan ? I'm waiting for this part since last august 2020...

·
Registered
22 Posts
These recent accounts of a potential SD card update are very promising. I hope they pan out. I am going to contact my dealer today to see if I can get an update appointment for my 2018 Macan GTS. Navigation works as of recently but the Google Maps feature does not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just spoke with my dealer's service department. They gave me the Sergeant Schultz routine (i.e. "I know nothing"). They told me to check back in a couple of weeks, just like they did when I called last month. I think I am going to have to wait it out a bit longer. Now that I received my subscription refund and I have navigation working. I am no longer in a hurry.

On a related note I got a cheapo used iphone to experiment with Car Play. I will have to research the threads about GPS functionality because Sygic, Here and Waze are all very slow and inaccurate via Car Play. I remember seeing a thread about where to locate the handset to make it work better.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
I got my update today in the Porsche Center. It took a bit less than 2 hours. Satellite view is working again. Car is a 911 GTS 2018.
That's great. Did they update maps as well? Are you in Netherlands?

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's great. Did they update maps as well? Are you in Netherlands?
Hello. I'm in Luxembourg. Cards don't seem to have been updated. I can still select 58/60 in the online update. And when doing so (selecting one for update) I get a connection error ... . So I guess that there are still some remaining problems. Maybe the cards on the servers are not compatible with the update. But the satellite view is back as before. No longer "Google Earth" but "Sat Map" with a different provider (Airbus something).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't have the update yet and a couple of day ago my navigation stopped working again. It shows 0 satellites and appears to be stuck at the last location where it was working. I suspect a loose or faulty GPS antenna. Thank goodness for the warranty. Now I just need to find a service appointment.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Hello. I'm in Luxembourg. Cards don't seem to have been updated. I can still select 58/60 in the online update. And when doing so (selecting one for update) I get a connection error ... . So I guess that there are still some remaining problems. Maybe the cards on the servers are not compatible with the update. But the satellite view is back as before. No longer "Google Earth" but "Sat Map" with a different provider (Airbus something).
I'm wondering if the same update will work in North America

101 - 120 of 146 Posts