Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been following 911 GTS prices over the last month . When I saw them take a sudden plunge I decided to look at the Macan GTS . Although not as dramatic (30K or more price drops) as the 911 there is still a significant drop. Plus there are Macan's available . It appears that some may haver backed out of 2022 cars after waiting all the way until 2023's are out only to find their one model year old car arrive . CPO cars also dropped .

I bounced this off a friend of mine and he has been watching too . Its been quick and in the last two weeks he said . I threw up the discussion on Rennlist and some feel it will, drop further while others tie it to the stock market drop . I don't agree because we all know any sudden change can push those cars back up or even further down . I look at it only as a present moment opportunity to buy if someone has been endlessly waiting for a slot or a car or is still being jerked around by their dealership .

I have only watched these two model and trims (911 and Macan GTS) .

1) 911 - Many of those cars that were asking 50K over MSRP NEVER got sold !!!!! One car that was asking over 200K is now under 190K . Another that was asking 199K is now 176K with a CPO and under 2K miles . Rennlist thread if interested Used GTS prices have softened - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

3) Macan GTS - There are new 2022 cars !!! As the 2023 arrives the 2022 is a model year old now . Given the price increase and the fact that this is all so sudden this might be the time to jump it . Inventories have cars WITH PICTURES OF THEM . CPO cars are in the 90's .

Here is an example pf a new car that I keep scratching my head if the price is a typo.

There is way more examples of both. I searched on auto trader.com .

Conclusion. - I put a strong sell on these cars for over two years . Right now its a reversal to a strong buy in my opinion !!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Here is an example pf a new car that I keep scratching my head if the price is a typo.

There is way more examples of both. I searched on auto trader.com .

Conclusion. - I put a strong sell on these cars for over two years . Right now its a reversal to a strong buy in my opinion !!
The shown price is the just the msrp sticker price for that particular car. I can almost guarantee you walk into that dealership and try and buy it, there is ADM on top.

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The shown price is the just the msrp sticker price for that particular car. I can guarantee you walk into that dealership and try and buy it, there is ADM on top.
The CPO prices are exact . I did say I think that was a typo but it was the lowest . They wil have a hard time listing a car for 86K and then asking for more with a straight face. They can eat the ADM because there are TONS of cars available . The tides have turned . The 911 really plunged and the Macan is not far behind .

Dealerships are faced with clinging to the sellers mentality but when they have cars that aren't getting sold they will have to adjust. If there is any time to squash the ADM request it is now . I think that is what people started to do . They walked out !!

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yes, referring to the new white one only. Not a typo. It's a new car and just the proper MSRP price for that build as it should be (not the true asking price or what it will sell for price which will be higher). Also a bit lower spec build for GTS with No SC and NO surround view etc.

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, referring to the new white one only. Not a typo. It's a new car and just the proper MSRP price for that build as it should be (not the true asking price or what it will sell for price which will be higher). Also a bit lower spec build for GTS with No SC and NO surround view etc.
I bought a lot car in 2016 with a bare spec (17 GTS) when my car was crashed . 8 way seats, no full leather , no SC , no surround . When I traded it that car only cost me 12K to own for 2 years . A stripped GTS really holds well.

I am saying that if they ask for more they wil not sell it . Too many fish in the pond for them to be greedy.

·
Registered
323 Posts
This type of drop prompted me to look at the Macan . This car dropped 25K in a month !!!!! Other 911's are doing the same . This has to be across the board . Certified Pre-Owned 2022 Porsche 911 For Sale in Philadelphia | VIN: WP0AB2A96NS222027
I guess depends on how you look at it. In my eye, these 992s GTS examples are not really truly price drops as the ADM was reaching way off base to start with. They are more like reductions of very high dealer greed grabs for GTS 992s and still way over MSRP. Here in California CPO 2020 992 base and C2S are selling at over original MSRP from 3 years ago. I agree, it will all come down at some point, but it's going to be quite a while.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I bought a lot car in 2016 with a bare spec (17 GTS) when my car was crashed . 8 way seats, no full leather , no SC , no surround . When I traded it that car only cost me 12K to own for 2 years . A stripped GTS really holds well.

I am saying that if they ask for more they wil not sell it . Too many fish in the pond for them to be greedy.
It will indeed sell when someone walks into that dealer wanting to buy / order a GTS and is told "Great, 14 people ahead of you on the demand list, so looking at about 2025 before you should expect our call for a possible allocation". Of course, I am just using a fictitious example as I have no idea on that particular dealerships order lists, but this is whats happening at sooo many dealers all over the US on anything thats not a base or maybe some S models (any Porsches). They are just not getting allocations and until that ramps up, I personally believe the demand and willing to pay over will continue.

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess depends on how you look at it. In my eye, these 992s GTS examples are not really truly price drops as the ADM was reaching way off base to start with. They are more like reductions of very high dealer greed grabs for GTS 992s and still way over MSRP. Here in California CPO 2020 992 base and C2S are selling at over original MSRP from 3 years ago. I agree, it will all come down at some point, but it's going to be quite a while.
The 992 are still over MSRP . They just aren't 50K over because those same cars didn't sell. Look at this Macan . Listed as used. Looks like it was flipped . Used 2022 Porsche Macan For Sale Milwaukee WI | West Allis WI

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It will indeed sell when someone walks into that dealer wanting to buy / order a GTS and is told "Great, 14 people ahead of you on the demand list, so looking at about 2025 before you should expect our call for a possible allocation". Of course, I am just using a fictitious example as I have no idea on that particular dealerships order lists, but this is whats happening at sooo many dealers all over the US on anything thats not a base or maybe some S models. They are just not getting allocations and until that ramps up, I personally believe the demand and willing to pay over will continue.
On Rennlist they all noticed the drop . Read the thread . It hit the 911 first because the prices were so off the charts . With the model year change and more cars the "shortage" seems to be a dealership sales talking point . 6 months ago there were half as many Macan GTS on auto trader . Plus they were all 2022 . 23's are out . The tides have turned .

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I'm seeing similar drops with boats, vacation homes, motorcycles. A couple of things going on here: recession, belt tightening due to inflation and recession, higher interest rates and a drop in the post Covid demand for toys.

·
Registered
323 Posts
On Rennlist they all noticed the drop . Read the thread . It hit the 911 first because the prices were so off the charts . With the model year change and more cars the "shortage" seems to be a dealership sales talking point . 6 months ago there were half as many Macan GTS on auto trader . Plus they were all 2022 . 23's are out . The tides have turned .
Hopefully everything will be dropping. The difference between vacation homes, boats, motorcycles and other high ticket goods is there is no shortage of availability. The current market like Porsche is not the same.

Searching inventory on car search sites for Posrche are not useful tools in determining supply. These sites and even all the Porsche official dealer sites auto populate with on lot inventory and incoming vehicles that have at the very least been assigned a VIN at the factory. A very large majority are these (no matter what model) are spoken for cars. Example.... There are 91 "new" 2022/23 Macan GTS on Autotrader. Only 20 of them have real photos thus about what are actually on dealer lots of which all likely have sizable ADMS. So that leaves 71 of them as "incoming vehicles" which in most cases are pre spoken for customer orders. In other words, there is no real available "buy it today" inventory when considering the size of the entire US for Macan GTS.

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hopefully everything will be dropping. The difference between vacation homes, boats, motorcycles and other high ticket goods is there is no shortage of availability. The current market like Porsche is not the same.

Searching inventory on car search sites for Posrche are not useful tools in determining supply. These sites and even all the Porsche official dealer sites auto populate with on lot inventory and incoming vehicles that have at the very least been assigned a VIN at the factory. A very large majority are these (no matter what model) are spoken for cars. Example.... There are 91 "new" 2022/23 Macan GTS on Autotrader. Only 20 of them have real photos thus about what are actually on dealer lots of which all likely have sizable ADMS. So that leaves 71 of them as "incoming vehicles" which in most cases are pre spoken for customer orders. In other words, there is no real available "buy it today" inventory when considering the size of the entire US for Macan GTS.
I only cited dealership sites with actual photos of the car . I also included used and CPO. There are double than 6 months ago plus many of the cars are 2022 when 2023 are out . There are no new 911 GTS but plenty of used ones and they used that same tactic of "14 people ahead of you " and tried to get 50K over MSRP . They FAILED !!!!! They lowered the price .

I agree that new Macans are limited but used ones are not so its a collective search . Almost all of the used cars have less than 2K miles and some even less than 100 miles (perhaps flipped or fearful of interest rates and economic downturn).

Luxury retail items are usually the first to go in a recession . In 2008 -09 just before the real plunge there was a sudden drop as people frantically sold their cars . When it finally hit bottom dealerships were empty and Porsche had cars on boats that dealerships did not want . Porsche was so desperate at that time that they offered dealerships 10K in trunk money for each car they took off the boat . That led to the biggest discount I ever got in my life .. 20 percent off MSRP .

Although a different scenario than 08 today there is one common thing -- a sudden abrupt turn . Thats what is being noticed .

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I spoke to an SA for the white Macan GRS in Delaware. They are selling at MSRP and no ADM - can confirm.

Build is weird - it’s a base GTS with extended leather package and that’s all. No other options.
Its still not bad . That car comes relatively well equipped when totally stripped . Think of many of the Base car loaners that are stripped . I have driven many of them . The GTS has a lot more standard .

·
Registered
323 Posts
Also, I spoke to SAs in California and one told me a $20k ADM on a 92k GTS. LOL.

Found another in California who also agreed to sell with no ADM, which was very surprising and was surprised pleasantly.
A dealer in CA at no ADM on a GTS of in in stock (on the lot) vehicle? That would be a deal here in CA (unless a really crazy weird build). If not in stock then its a pipe dream demand order to sit on a waitlist.

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I spoke to an SA for the white Macan GRS in Delaware. They are selling at MSRP and no ADM - can confirm.

Build is weird - it’s a base GTS with extended leather package and that’s all. No other options.
It also begs the question of would you rather have an immediate GTS versos a option bloated S that one waits for . That GTS does get -
1) the hp and throttle map
2) AS and PASM
3) Clear tail light and GTS styling
4) GTS wheels (upgrade on an S)
6) PSCB brakes

That car also is a metallic white .

Its not bad for the price .

1 - 20 of 106 Posts