Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Wow. I feel bad for you....

This story will serve as a reminder to NOT purchase a pre-paid maintenance plan when I take delivery of my ordered 2020 Macan GTS this Aug/Sep....

·
Registered
115 Posts
just curious, when you do purchase a pre-paid maintenance plan, would you not get some paperwork at the time of purchase, to be followed up with something from Porsche (the manufacturer) since it's good at any authorized dealer? i purchased a plan only once. it was thru infiniti. i got a booklet at the time, and later got e-mail confirmation and correspondence from infiniti to confirm the plan i purchased. that would, at the very least, have alerted you of a problem (assuming you got nothing) before you brought it in for service.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
just curious, when you do purchase a pre-paid maintenance plan, would you not get some paperwork at the time of purchase, to be followed up with something from Porsche (the manufacturer) since it's good at any authorized dealer? i purchased a plan only once. it was thru infiniti. i got a booklet at the time, and later got e-mail confirmation and correspondence from infiniti to confirm the plan i purchased. that would, at the very least, have alerted you of a problem (assuming you got nothing) before you brought it in for service.
Yes, I got plenty of that stuff. Maybe I better read it carefully. This stuff appears to go only one way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I never received anything from PCNA. All I have is a paper printout and a digital (on a thumb drive that the dealer gave me) copy of the contract.

My response to PCNA's email was "How did you determine that I purchased a Plus 2 and is it in your database? I am waiting for their response.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Wow. I feel bad for you....

This story will serve as a reminder to NOT purchase a pre-paid maintenance plan when I take delivery of my ordered 2020 Macan GTS this Aug/Sep....
Purchase it if you want a PSMP. Just make sure that it is the database... Verify is the lesson here.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Purchase it if you want a PSMP. Just make sure that it is the database... Verify is the lesson here.
True dat....still not buying a plan though.

I don't keep my vehicles long, so I usually negotiate an extra year of free maintenance in the deal (along with free all-season floor mats)....as I did with my current 2018 GTS, as well as my future 2020 GTS, recorded right on the P&S.

But I admit I'm screwed if the dealership is sold or goes out of business.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just got this from PCNA in response to my follow up email:

Our internal database only notates one maintenance service included on your vehicle. We must direct you to the Sales Manager of the Porsche dealership you purchased the plan from to address and resolve this matter. As previously stated, Porsche dealerships are independently owned and operated businesses and they are responsible for managing sales operations at their individual business.

So, I called to find out what the F was going on. Talked to a very helpful agent and to make a long story short:

Confirmation that the PSMP was not in the database and the only service that was included was the first year service that comes with a new car purchase. Also, the customer service agent stated that the PSMP can be registered at any point in time. You don’t have to purchase the PSMP at the time that you buy the vehicle.

Now, that I have my ammo, I am going to sic my wife on the selling dealership's GM. She's a retired VP of an international Surety Bonding Agency and in her capacity, she negotiated major contracts (Exxon, Honeywell, etc) and was the company's Fixer. I wish I had a video of what she did to the salesmen (3 of them) and the sales manager when she bought her VW. I'll keep you posted on the results.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts