Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has had this situation:

I purchased the Prepaid Maintenance plan when I bought my 2018 CPO Macan Sport Edition. I decided to do the 2 year/20000 service this week in addition to my state inspection. The Macan was purchased at a different Porsche dealership than the dealership that will do my servicing.

The rep called me to tell me that the car passed and here's the price for the 2 year service. Evidently, the service rep could not find any records of my prepaid plan in the database. Long story short, the selling dealership did not register the plan with Porsche. The selling dealership paid for my service with a credit card and are waiting to hear from Porsche as how to proceed going forward.

If this has happened to anyone, could you please tell me what the resolution of the situation was. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
115 Posts
is it possible that the prepaid maintenance plan covered maintenance to be done at that specific dealership and not porsche worldwide (any porsche dealership)?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plan was from Porsche and valid at any Porsche dealership. The problem was the fact that the selling dealership didn't file the paperwork with Porsche when I bought the Macan last September. I'm curious if anyone else has had this situation and what was the resolution.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The plan was from Porsche and valid at any Porsche dealership. The problem was the fact that the selling dealership didn't file the paperwork with Porsche when I bought the Macan last September. I'm curious if anyone else has had this situation and what was the resolution.
Does not sound like it’s going to be particularly difficult to straighten this out given the selling dealership is not disputing what you’re saying.

·
Super Moderator
1,873 Posts
You have a receipt for your PPMP purchase with a date on it.

The fact that the selling dealer failed to file the appropriate paperwork is their problem - not yours.
You paid for a PPMP effective as of a certain date - and have the receipt to prove it.

Either show the service performing dealer your paperwork or request the selling dealer to cover the
cost.

I'd notify PCNA of the unprofessional and poor service provided by the selling dealer.

What is it with these people?

You didn't buy a Yugo... (maybe the selling dealer is a former Yugo dealer...)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have a receipt for your PPMP purchase with a date on it.

The fact that the selling dealer failed to file the appropriate paperwork is their problem - not yours.
You paid for a PPMP effective as of a certain date - and have the receipt to prove it.

Either show the service performing dealer your paperwork or request the selling dealer to cover the
cost.

I'd notify PCNA of the unprofessional and poor service provided by the selling dealer.

What is it with these people?

You didn't buy a Yugo... (maybe the selling dealer is a former Yugo dealer...)
The selling dealership paid for the service with a credit card. I received a phone call from a rep apologising profusely. The dealership GM emailed me with apologies and a promise to make it right. They admitted that the financial guy f'd up. I'm not sweating it. I was just curious if this has happened to anyone else and what the resolution was.

When everything is said and done, I will contact PCNA.

My cousin had a Yugo and a LeCar back in the day. I still get bad chills from the memory of riding in them...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The selling dealership paid for the service with a credit card. I received a phone call from a rep apologising profusely. The dealership GM emailed me with apologies and a promise to make it right. They admitted that the financial guy f'd up. I'm not sweating it. I was just curious if this has happened to anyone else and what the resolution was.

When everything is said and done, I will contact PCNA.

My cousin had a Yugo and a LeCar back in the day. I still get bad chills from the memory of riding in them...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can't do better than that --- IMO

door to door service.... free fixes.....

sigh of relief........
It's not free. I already paid for it. In addition, the servicing dealership that is near my home does the door to door pick up and brings the loaner.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Not sure I understand why nothing can be done now. Does the dealer have to upload the purchase in the PCNA database within a certain time frame for it to be recorded? That's doesn't make sense. I'd be asking Porsche corporate about that reply.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Not sure I understand why nothing can be done now. Does the dealer have to upload the purchase in the PCNA database within a certain time frame for it to be recorded? That's doesn't make sense. I'd be asking Porsche corporate about that reply.
Completely agree. And I would get this resolved with PCNA right away as who knows what the future might bring. What happens if the selling dealer gets sold or closes? It happens. Would the new dealer make good on the old owner's screwup? What happens if you relocate to some distant city? What happens if you sell or trade in the car? The PSMP has some value. Not sure a plan limited to one dealer would.

Demand what you paid for.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If the dealer can’t give you what you paid for, just demand your money back.

You would be shocked at how much you can save by having your car serviced at a competent independent shop versus a Porsche dealer. Any competent indy who regularly works on German cars is not going to have any problem doing routine maintenance on your Macan. If a dealer can’t file simple paperwork correctly, are you going to trust them to correctly do work on your car? The dealers push these pre-paid plans just to get you locked in before you realize how much you can save on maintenance by going elsewhere. Notice how they try to justify the cost of these plans by comparing them to their ridiculous service prices without ever mentioning the other alternative.

Porsche and your dealer would like you to believe that doing regular maintenance on a Macan requires special knowledge and tools. It’s no more special in that respect than a Honda Accord. Plenty of us here on the forum do our own maintenance work. we can tell you firsthand the dealers just use that badge on your hood as an excuse to jack up the prices.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would get a refund. I wouldn’t want to be tied to one dealership. How far away is that dealer from you? I'm not a fan of the pick up and drop off. The less someone else drives my car the better.

·
Registered
115 Posts
funny but i asked, way back at the first posting on this issue, whether the service contract was for that one dealership or for all porsche dealerships.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My next email is going to PCNA. I can just copy and paste your post to save time in composing my email.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just sent the following to PCNA. I want to thank everyone for their input.

I purchased the Plus 4 Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan when I bought my 2018 CPO Macan Sport Edition on September 28, 2019. My VIN# is XXXXXXXXXX.

On May 5, 2020, I scheduled the 2 year/20000 service in addition to my state inspection. The Macan was purchased at a different Porsche dealership than the dealership that will do my servicing.

The rep called me to tell me that the car passed and here's the price for the 2 Year service. Evidently, the service rep could not find any records of my Plus 4 PSMP in the database. Long story short, the selling dealership did not register the plan with Porsche Cars NA. The General Manager of the selling dealership paid for my 2 Year/20000 with a credit card.

I contacted the selling dealership to ask when my plan will be in the database. I received the following email:

“Unfortunately, nothing can be done with Porsche. What I would like to do is moving forward when your car is due for service, reach out to me personally and I will schedule a pick up of your car along with a drop off of a loaner for you to use and we will service it here free of charge to you for the term you had purchased.
It was our fault that a previous finance manager never submitted your car but we will honor the service. Just have to do it here which we will help facilitate at no inconvenience to you.”

I am not sure I understand why nothing can be done now. Does the dealer have to upload the purchase in the PCNA database within a certain time frame for it to be recorded?

I paid for a PSMP effective as of a certain date - and have the receipt to prove it.

I want this resolved right away as who knows what the future might bring. What happens if the selling dealer gets sold or closes? It happens. Would the new dealer make good on the old owner's screwup? What happens if I relocate out of state? What happens if I sell or trade-in the Macan? The PSMP has some value. I am not sure a plan limited to one dealer would.

I appreciate the selling dealership’s offer, but it is not what I paid for.

Thank You.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
I just sent the following to PCNA. I want to thank everyone for their input.
...I want this resolved right away as who knows what the future might bring. What happens if the selling dealer gets sold or closes? It happens. Would the new dealer make good on the old owner's screwup? What happens if I relocate out of state? What happens if I sell or trade-in the Macan? The PSMP has some value. I am not sure a plan limited to one dealer would.
The dealer I purchased my Macan from did sell out to another group, so it does happen. In fact, the only reason I ended up replacing my 14 month old SQ5 was because they were giving such good discounts on their remaining inventory. I'd hate to see your "non-records" get eaten if that should happen. Definitely keep us posted when you hear back. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts