Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 20" wheels from another member. I am planning on having them powder coated black. I intended to go gloss black, but i am second guessing myself. Any thoughs from you all about matte finish vs. gloss finish would be appreciated. Interested in thoughs about aesthetics, care/ maintenence etc.

Wheels are going on my 2016 Turbo. Jet black

etc.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I’m thinking gloss would be easier to clean and the matte would look like they might be dirty all the time.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
It's mostly a personal preference, but I like the texture difference compared to the shiny paint (especially with darker colors). I powdercoated my Turbo wheels in satin black to match the black GTS wheels I use for winter. Very happy with how they turned out.

Regardless of which finish you go with, you might consider getting them ceramic coated as it makes for super-easy cleaning.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agree on the ceramic. Already have ceramicpro on the paint. Shop is adding to the wheels for NC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
I went with a satin black metallic and still love them (same as your set). They actually hide dirt better since they aren’t glossy.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those look great! thanks!

·
Registered
658 Posts
I went with a satin black metallic and still love them (same as your set). They actually hide dirt better since they aren’t glossy.

View attachment 229583 View attachment 229584
That does look good. The satin might be a nice compromise between the matte and gloss. The powder coater in my are must have about eight gradations of black starting with flat up to full gloss.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
How much are you getting quoted for this? I have the same rims awaiting/indecisive.
I paid $675 for wheels + $175 for center caps.

The wheel style/size didn't seem to affect the price, at least at the place I used.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Gloss if you have to. Matte black (especially like on the new C63S wheel set) is a bear to clean well.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Powdercoat complete. I went with gloss black. Can't wait for the install on Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Looks nice.

I'd recommend picking up some black valve stems beforehand. Most installers won't stock these, and you definitely don't want silver.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good call. I'll confirm Monday.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice!! I did get ceramic pro on the wheels. 5 coats.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Finally broke down and got both the winter rims and used PSE tips coated. I could of saved a lot with dismounting the tires then moving around the rims and such to 3 locations but just got it done at one. $1250

Stupid tires of the Macan do not fit into the back doors with the seats folded down. You have to circus them around to fit 3 in the back and one in the passenger seat. Hence my choice above.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got her back!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts