Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I've been lurking this forum for a few weeks trying to gain more knowledge on the Macan as i'm in the market for one as a DD. With all the options /specs available, it pretty interesting seeing the different packages ordered. Anyway, I'm looking to get some opinions on 2 that I am considering. I'm new to the Porsche world and like most want to get the best value for the buck. I'm also one that's seeking that driving experience as a DD. Both have clean and clear titles.

Choice 1... 2016 Macan S for $45k w/30k miles 1 owner, out of warranty: My initial thoughts... S with a lot of options but No PASM or air suspension

Additional Equipment
BASE Macan S
1D6 Trailer hitch without tow ball
1NP Wheel Center Caps with Colored
Porsche Crest
2ZH Steering Wheel Heating
3GN Cargo Management System
5ZF Porsche Crest on Headrests (front
and rear)
7X8 ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with
Reversing Camera
7Y1 Lane Change Assist (LCA)
8G1 Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus
(PDLS Plus)
9JB Smoking Package
CY4 20" Macan SportDesign Wheels
PE5 Power Seats (14-way) with Memory
Package
PJ1 Infotainment Package
PJ3 Premium Package Plus
PP8 Comfort Lighting Package
VC Standard Interior in Black

Choice #2: 2017 GTS $55k w/ext warranty 15k miles, 1 owner: Initial thoughts....> GTS with low options but it's a GTS. Offers a heightened driving experience vs S.

BASE Macan GTS

8EY LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic
Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
9JB Smoking Package
C9K 21" Sport Classic Wheels
PA2 Auto-Dimming Mirrors
VF Leather Package in Black

---------------------------------------------

Thoughts / Feedback?

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
If you can afford the difference, definitely the GTS. Better driving dynamics + warranty

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you MBR / Wolverine.....

Any feedback on pricing? Is the GTS, optioned the way it is, in the right ballpark?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OP, what is your budget and what are the important features for you?
Have you searched CPO cars nationwide?

@fooit... I've done and still doing the search. Initial findings within my budget ($45-50 +/-) for low mile, 1 owner, warranty, 6-cyl, PASM, pano roof, to name a few of my desires keep me in the '15 - '16 S models. Don't find many S with PASM. It really comes down to the particular vehicle. CPO's with low miles, would bring even more $$. The GTS was never on the radar but I'm considering this one. Seems to be a good price however, I want to ensure I'm looking at it the right way in regards to "Value for the $" with options listed for the GTS compared to an S. I hope that makes sense and I know "Value for the $$" does not really apply when talking about buying cars that depreciate instantly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would get the GTS.

We recently had a Cayenne S (my second Cayenne S) and a 911. I took them in for inspection and the yearly service and inspection and the service advisor asked me if I knew my warranty was up on the Cayenne and I said no. So, to make a long story short, I got a 2017 GTS with 20+k miles.

I have had a lot of Macan's for loaner vehicles. I liked them but not peppy or sporty enough looking for me. But I loved everything else about it so I looked for a GTS. I am extremely happy with the Macan GTS. As a matter of fact I have my Macan GTS at the shop right now having them add the Sport + mode and all and I have a fully loaded Macan S as a loaner. Again, it is a really nice vehicle but no comparison to the GTS.

I think the price is a tad high. I recently got mine with Carmine Red ($3k plus option) and the suede interior ($5k plus option) and the suede steering wheel (another $1500 option) along with other options for $58k. It was the least expensive vehicle and deal I could get locally. I have seen the same vehicle as mine for $63k.

What I did was go on kbb.com and price out the vehicle purchasing it from a dealer and got a value. Then I looked on all of the local dealer websites and then cars.com and compared prices on other similar models. That's all you can do.

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
.....Thoughts / Feedback? ....
The GTS also has the Comfort Lighting Package, and ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Reversing Camera. Both of those options became standard in the U.S. for the 2017 model year.

Naturally, the GTS also gets you an upgraded interior (leather dash, etc), lowered air suspension, smooth side blades (rather than textured), and the sport design front bumper, side skirts, painted rear fascia, and diffuser.

As long as the larger seat bolsters are comfortable for you; you're okay not having a sun roof; and the price difference is palatable; the GTS with its lower mileage and performance upgrades would be my choice.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Go with your gut.
Which one do YOU like?
Your wasting time, they’re fun as ****!
Get it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
GTS, although I am biased GTS trim gives you a lot for your money, even with minimal options for the visceral experience alone you’ll be happier. I was originally looking at the S but there was so much I wanted to add to it from a performance standpoint it was a no brainer to just go GTS. With extended warranty and less miles that’s a huge value there too. It should have CarPlay so if you have iPhone you don’t need navigation, infotainment, Porsche connect etc. but do spend time in the seats and make sure you’re comfortable. I’m guessing they are the 8-way GTS sport seats. I have the 14-way and they are great but after sitting in 18-way I wish I had those but I have a small frame.

·
Registered
67 Posts
$55k on a low mileage gts sounds like a steal. I couldn’t find any below $60k during my search recently for Volcano grey. Black did show up occasionally below $60k but not many.

I’d go with a gts if you can swing for it and not have any regrets later. The sounds from the engine and PSE are intoxicating.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Greetings..

I wanted to come back to CLOSE the search, seek and search chapter and OPEN the new ownership chapter. I ended up not selecting either of my initial choices posted. Instead, I picked up a 2017 Silver GTS well optioned with everything I wanted in her and it's a CPO. She has a few more miles (26k) than I'm used to when purchasing used but we're talking a different "Breed" of cars now. Private owner, well documented, well cared for, Clear bra full nose and hood, nicely optioned - 2 owner GTS in excellent condition.

No regrets whatsoever with this car. It's my DD and keeps a smile on my face. Everything being relative, now I've had some seat time with her ..... she "hauls the mail" very well for a CUV. Fits the bill I was looking for very well.
I'm 90% of the time in sport mode and thoroughly enjoy the on/off ramps I encounter.

Thank you all for the initial feedback.

A quick shot of her. My daughter named her "SILVER SHADOW" which replaced "Tonka" and now parks next to "SILVER BACK" and "The Dark Knight" OK... am I the only family that names their cars? ........... I thought not LOL.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m in a similar situation. Between a turbo (2015-16) or 2017 gts and jaguar f-pace s. Part of my wants to be strict with the budget but it’s difficult to tell if I’d have regret or buyers remorse if I went with the ‘lesser’ vehicle. I’m finding it hard to spend close to $60k on a macan turbo/gts with 30-40k miles.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
15 Participants
Jellybean
Porsche Macan Forum
Thank you for your interest in MacanForum.com. We’re a forum community dedicated to Porsche Macan SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing