Porsche Macan Forum banner

161 - 180 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought I'd start a new one, since many of us whose cars have been delivered, or were recently built, or have yet to be built, have been posting in the "February production" thread...

Let me kick it off by saying, 'It's alive!!'

My Mac was built on Thursday and the last update was that it was in transit on its manageable little journey from Leipzig to Emden; hopefully at the port already, though the official schedule is for it to arrive at port by the 5th. Delivery has moved up another week, to 7/17, as I figured; I think if it gets on board a ship within 10 days, we may still shave a couple more days off that schedule (at its longest, delivery was scheduled for 7/31. That moved up to 7/24 once the plant got rolling again, and is now 7/17).

From the data sheet the SA provided, I can already tell that it is riding on Michelins (so they'll be the Latitude Sport 3 summers) so that little mystery is solved :)

So, who else has news?
Hello everyone, I just joined this forum. My Macan GTS got held up due to COVID. My original estimated delivery date was 9 June but instead my "finalize lock date" became 9 June status is still V200. Now I won't see "Da One" until early to mid-September if all goes well. I tried not to even think about it....out of sight out of mind for sanity reasons....then I joined this forum and now I am off the wagon. Reading all the comments has made me feel at home and let me know that I am not the only one feeling like a fiend :).

I will be picking up "Da One" from the Atlanta PEC. I wanted to get the XPEL (As I will be driving it back to Tampa, FL) but that will cost me an extra 2 weeks.

Thanks for a forum to let me get all of my questions answered when needed. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
@Lighthouse Congratulations on your baby finally heading to the states. You are going to love the PEC experience when you go. It should be interesting with social distancing and all.

When I picked my first one up at PEC, the Xpel was not offered. Can I ask how much it is to have them do it for you. I am picking my next one up at the end of November early december and need to decided if I am going to have them do this as well.

When you get a free second you will need to tell us all about this new GTS that is swimming across the pond.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jellybean,

Thank you for the wishes!! I am too excited. I have attached a couple of documents that details the XPEL process. They apply the XPEL to the Macan before it gets to Atlanta PEC (at Jacksonville port).

My Macan GTS 2020 Specs:
1) Chalk
2) Espresso Brown Interior Leather
3) Burmester Sound System
4) 20" Macan Turbo Wheels in jet black metallic
5) Sport Design Exterior Mirrors
6) Premium package plus (panoramic roof system, apple car play, heated/ventilation seats....etc.)
7) LKA, LCA and ACC
8) Surround view
9) Smoking package (don't smoke but wanted the sleeker look)
8) Atalanta PEC

this has been my dream car before it came out......I was all about the Cayenne until the Macan was introduce. I waited until the right moment and here I am.......a little over a month away!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jellyybean,

Congrats on your new addition coming before the end of the year! You probably already commented on your baby.....but if you can share again....I will appreciated it!

Also, no cost was quoted....just stated that it will be included in the price of the car. Of Course if stated that I wanted it they would let me know the cost.

BTW: My numbering were off lol :)

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
@Lighthouse thanks for sharing the documents. PEC sent these to me as well and I was hoping you would know the total and I was going to compare it to one of the local guys who did my other car.

I almost went with a Chalk/Espresso build but I am going wild with the mamba to be really out there. 😂. I drove up the dealer last weekend who I am buying this one from to see the Mamba in person, they just got one in. When I saw the mamba I knew that I had to have this color.

Here is my build: PML8GJN5

Very close to the build of the car she is replacing. My first one was totaled and thankfully I had total new car replacement on my policy so Travelers is paying for about 95% of this one. I added a few options I missed the first time around.

Reactions: Lighthouse

·
Registered
400 Posts
Jellybean,

Thank you for the wishes!! I am too excited. I have attached a couple of documents that details the XPEL process. They apply the XPEL to the Macan before it gets to Atlanta PEC (at Jacksonville port).

My Macan GTS 2020 Specs:
1) Chalk
6) Premium package plus (panoramic roof system, apple car play, heated/ventilation seats....etc.)
7) LKA, LCA and ACC
8) Surround view
8) Atalanta PEC

this has been my dream car before it came out......I was all about the Cayenne until the Macan was introduce. I waited until the right moment and here I am.......a little over a month away!!!
It's going to be a stunner! Love the specification.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jellybean, I probably can guarantee that the local guys are going to be cheaper....but it will be delivered to you already completed....that is why I wanted them to do it regardless of cost...but that extra 2 weeks is killing me :) lol. And I want to get the entire vehicle done!

Yesssssssss, that Mambo Green is the truth. Awesome build! Wow....you are definitely winning on this one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jellybean,

My Macan GTS 2020 Specs:
1) Chalk
7) LKA, LCA and ACC
8) Surround view
8) Atalanta PEC

Reading through the documents, it appears they are offering only partial hoods on the Macan due to the size of the hood. Local PPF installers now have a 72 mm film that allows them to do the full Macan hood. Partial hood PPF would be a deal breaker for me.

Enjoy the car though! PEC should be fun - they just need to allow Canadians to take delivery there too.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Jellybean, I probably can guarantee that the local guys are going to be cheaper....but it will be delivered to you already completed....that is why I wanted them to do it regardless of cost...but that extra 2 weeks is killing me :) lol. And I want to get the entire vehicle done!

Yesssssssss, that Mambo Green is the truth. Awesome build! Wow....you are definitely winning on this one.
Thank you for you kind words.

I too would love knowing that driving home the car will already be covered. But the additional 2 weeks would kill me as well. When is your estimated delivery window?

I live about 300 miles away from Atlanta and I am excited to say that my first one made it home safely without chips so I am hoping round two will as well. My good friend is a car nut and the guy who details my cars and I am bringing him with me again to pick her up. In the delivery bay he went over my first GTS inch by inch for me and even caught a little something that he got them to fix when we were off on the track. He’s got an eye for detail, I was too ga-ga in love to look over the car.

Reactions: Lighthouse

·
Registered
21 Posts
Reading through the documents, it appears they are offering only partial hoods on the Macan due to the size of the hood. Local PPF installers now have a 72 mm film that allows them to do the full Macan hood. Partial hood PPF would be a deal breaker for me.

Enjoy the car though! PEC should be fun - they just need to allow Canadians to take delivery there too.
Dk3what,
I totally agree with you on getting partial hood XPEL.

I heard Atlanta PEC is an awesome experience. I checked out the few YouTube videos. Driving on the track is going to be the highlight!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Guess who finally called me at work today?

Yep, a salesman called to inform me that my new 2020 GTS will be arriving at the dealership Aug 7th as planned! Now because of the current pandemic, protocol involves being contacted by a finance manager pre-delivery in order to get a jump on all the paperwork, method of payment, and to discuss what dealer add-ons will be required (e.g. PPF)....all to minimize the amount of time needed when taking delivery of a new vehicle. To tell you the truth, the process sounds pretty much like it always has been when I buy a new car, except I'll be wearing a mask!

Yay me!

·
Registered
400 Posts

Yep, a salesman called to inform me that my new 2020 GTS will be arriving at the dealership Aug 7th as planned! Now because of the current pandemic, protocol involves being contacted by a finance manager pre-delivery in order to get a jump on all the paperwork, method of payment, and to discuss what dealer add-ons will be required (e.g. PPF)....all to minimize the amount of time needed when taking delivery of a new vehicle. To tell you the truth, the process sounds pretty much like it always has been when I buy a new car, except I'll be wearing a mask!

Yay me!
How exciting! Sounds like you have an excellent sales associate - seems very organised! Fun times ahead 🥳

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
@Masscan thank you for updating. I was wondering if you had finally heard from your dealer.

how exciting that your new car will be here on the 7th.

I can’t wait to see pictures when you get her.

Reactions: Masscan

·
Registered
Carmine Red Macan Turbo
17 Posts

Yay me!
Very exciting, good news. As a matter of interest what would have been the entry port for your Macan to the US do you know?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Very exciting, good news. As a matter of interest what would have been the entry port for your Macan to the US do you know?
I have no clue since I have received little to no info from the dealership since placing the order on May 12th.

I can ask though when I go pick it up!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
I have no clue since I have received little to no info from the dealership since placing the order on May 12th.

I can ask though when I go pick it up!
for the Northeast, it’s Davisville, RI.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Happy Saturday to all!! Just like Masscan (congratulations again!)....I got great news! My car will be ready for pick up at Atlanta PEC on the 16 September. Actual the car will be there sooner but fighting to get a schedule date was nerve recking!! The earliest was 8 September. The entry port will be Jacksonville, FL.

The process of getting a schedule pick up time is that ATL PEC will email you several dates and an a.m or p.m pick up time. You have to email them back as soon as possible with your top three choices. Of course there are other "fiends" that have been waiting months as well....so it becomes a competitive fight. My first email was of course to get the first available as my top three dates.....I guess I was too slow, because ATL came back and stated that those three dates were already taken.....ok let's go for the next three available dates....I was able to get the next available which was 16 Sept 12:30 p.m. I felt like I was at an auction lol :). Needless to say, I am ecstatic that I have a confirm date now! And I can now start planning. I will definitely provide pics of "Da One" as soon as I come down from my high :).

*****I do have a question for the group. I am thinking of getting the Macan Convenience Module by Niche Technologies $450ish (automatically opens and closes your hood of your trunk, windows and sunroof from your key fob)......have anyone purchased this? And is it worth getting?

Thank you!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you for you kind words.

I too would love knowing that driving home the car will already be covered. But the additional 2 weeks would kill me as well. When is your estimated delivery window?

I live about 300 miles away from Atlanta and I am excited to say that my first one made it home safely without chips so I am hoping round two will as well. My good friend is a car nut and the guy who details my cars and I am bringing him with me again to pick her up. In the delivery bay he went over my first GTS inch by inch for me and even caught a little something that he got them to fix when we were off on the track. He’s got an eye for detail, I was too ga-ga in love to look over the car.
Jellybean,
I finally got a confirm date 16 Sept!!!!!!!!!

I need your good friend to come with me :) lol hahaha....that's awesome. You are absolutely right.....we will not be able to see the issues thru our glazed eyes lol :).

161 - 180 of 214 Posts