Porsche Macan Forum banner

141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
171 Posts
Colour match technology these days is also excellent. I am certainly no expert on that, but with recent advances, I would think that paint on a new hood would be undetectable to the human eye if the paint is digitally colour matched.
They still insist on blending into the adjacent panels.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS ordered. Night blue, black full leather interior.
41 Posts
I know of someone who was hit in a parking lot with a car that was 6 months old. The fact that it had been driven was a non-issue. Insurance replaced the car with a brand new one. Your case is probably harder to argue for replacement given that it looks to be mainly cosmetic, but if fix diminishes value then I would definitely argue that you're entitled to compensation for that. Will be interesting to hear whether insurance covers re-do of PPF and whether that's noted in your policy.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
171 Posts
I know of someone who was hit in a parking lot with a car that was 6 months old. The fact that it had been driven was a non-issue. Insurance replaced the car with a brand new one. Your case is probably harder to argue for replacement given that it looks to be mainly cosmetic, but if fix diminishes value then I would definitely argue that you're entitled to compensation for that. Will be interesting to hear whether insurance covers re-do of PPF and whether that's noted in your policy.
I don’t think a replacement will be on the table but yeah the PPF will be interesting.

·
Registered
41 Posts
@DASGOLFR, if there is any silver lining, it is lucky that the object didn't hit your windshield. Based on the pictures of the dent, it could have gone through your windshield and caused a serious accident or worse. Glad you're ok. Hood is disappointing, but you'll get it fixed.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
171 Posts
@DASGOLFR, if there is any silver lining, it is lucky that the object didn't hit your windshield. Based on the pictures of the dent, it could have gone through your windshield and caused a serious accident or worse. Glad you're ok. Hood is disappointing, but you'll get it fixed.
You’re absolutely right. Thanks.

Reactions: John Y

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I was recently hit in a parking lot and the other guy's insurance paid for the PPF replacement (it was half the cost of the repair).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice car! Good colour choice.
How long after leaving Halifax were you able to pick up your car? Waiting for a GTS that just left Halifax yesterday and picking up from same dealer :)
Two weeks Halifax to London. Plus one more week as the dealer said they were very busy to prep the car (???). What colour did you get?

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
171 Posts
Nice car! Good colour choice.
How long after leaving Halifax were you able to pick up your car? Waiting for a GTS that just left Halifax yesterday and picking up from same dealer :)
My GTS landed Halifax June 5. Arrived at dealer in Vaughan June 27. Picked up July 2. Good luck.

Reactions: Dhwong

·
Registered
15 Posts
status update:

I'm in Northern Virginia. ordered the 2020 GTS on 3/23.
The original delivery projection was July production with August delivery.
in May, got the notice that due to Pandemic, the whole schedule will slide by about 1-1/2 months, projecting late September delivery at best.

Just found out that the GTS was built a week ago and waiting to be loaded up on the vessel.

I guess I'll have the GTS by August afterall.... a pleasant surprise indeed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
status update:

in May, got the notice that due to Pandemic, the whole schedule will slide by about 1-1/2 months, projecting late September delivery at best.

Just found out that the GTS was built a week ago and waiting to be loaded up on the vessel.

I was literally reading the thread you started last night and wondering what happened. Great news!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
The fact that production appears to be more or less back on schedule is also good news for those of us waiting for fall deliveries!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
status update:

Good for you! Different story for me unfortunately...

My 2020 GTS was officially ordered back on May 12th, I dropped down a $2,500 deposit, was told I qualified for the 1.95% loan through Porsche, and I was given an August 7th delivery date. To this day I feel I received someone else's allotment who backed out last minute.

Two months pass, and I emailed my SA asking about the latest status....no reply. Four days later I left two phone messages with other salesmen....still no reply. To this date I have not received any information from either Porsche or my dealership regarding a build date or even a VIN number.

I'm not going to make a federal issue of this (yet) with the hope the vehicle will be arriving early, not wanting to spoil a possible "surprise" announcement from the dealership....so I'll continue to wait. Come August 7th though, if nobody gets back to me with some info, there will be H-E-L-L to pay....

·
Registered
15 Posts

My 2020 GTS was officially ordered back on May 12th, was told I qualified for the 1.95% loan through Porsche, and given a August 7th delivery date. To this day I feel I received someone else's allotment who backed out last minute.

Two months pass, and I emailed my SA asking about the latest status....no reply. Four days later I left two phone messages with other salesmen....still no reply. To this date I have not received any information from either Porsche or my dealership regarding a build date or even a VIN number.

I not going to make a federal issue of this (yet) with the hope the vehicle will be arriving early and I wouldn't want to spoil a "surprise" announcement from the dealership....so I continue to wait. Come August 7th though, if nobody gets back to me with some info, there will be HeII to pay....
...terrible.....

·
Registered
41 Posts

My 2020 GTS was officially ordered back on May 12th, dropped down a $2,500 deposit, was told I qualified for the 1.95% loan through Porsche, and given an August 7th delivery date. To this day I feel I received someone else's allotment who backed out last minute.

I not going to make a federal issue of this (yet) with the hope the vehicle will be arriving early and I wouldn't want to spoil a "surprise" announcement from the dealership....so I continue to wait. Come August 7th though, if nobody gets back to me with some info, there will be H-E-L-L to pay....
I wouldn’t be waiting ‘till Aug 7th. If that’s your delivery date based on others’ timelines it’s already crossed the pond to North America. Can you speak with dealership manager re no response to your queries? As a courtesy before escalating the issue to Porsche?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I wouldn’t be waiting ‘till Aug 7th. If that’s your delivery date based on others’ timelines it’s already crossed the pond to North America. Can you speak with dealership manager re no response to your queries? As a courtesy before escalating the issue to Porsche?
I'll definitely be talking to the dealership before I call Porsche.

What surprises me is about 3 weeks after I ordered my 2018 GTS (from the same dealership), I remember Porsche sending me notice of my build's lock, then the VIN number....

Reactions: Canuck

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
@Masscan what terrible horrible no good very bad news! I am now picking my jaw up off the floor with your story.

I can’t believe that no one has bothered to return an email or a phone call especially since you have ordered a past GTS from them. You are a repeat buyer, not someone new off the street... You would think having that past relationship with the dealer would have meant something.

141 - 160 of 200 Posts