Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
well, with the Mediterranean Highway having arrived in Houston last night and Columbia Highway having moored in Davisville this morning, the growth in the number of happy new owners around here should be accelerating soon...
You are quick! I saw your post before I got my MarineTraffic email about Columbia Highway. In the home stretch now I hope.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS (V332)
24 Posts
well, with the Mediterranean Highway having arrived in Houston last night and Columbia Highway having moored in Davisville this morning, the growth in the number of happy new owners around here should be accelerating soon...
I should get my GTS Friday. ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
You are quick! I saw your post before I got my MarineTraffic email about Columbia Highway. In the home stretch now I hope.
I should get my GTS Friday. ;)
Cool! I am still abut 3 weeks away, I guess, allowing for the Columbia Highway to get down to Houston and unload, and get the car up to my dealer. I'll probably be away in NY for some time off with the family when it gets there, I suspect, but that's OK.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
...and they're off! That overgrown parking garage is passing under Newport bridge and leaving Narragansett Bay right now...that was a really quick dump; Jacksonville is next, supposedly on the 19th. assuming Houston is next, it should be there in advance of the date on my schedule, which is the 29th.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
My SA said he should have it off for clearbra on the 29th here in DFW so sounds a bit ahead, yeah.
Now the online vessel-tracking sites are saying that the Columbia Highway will get into Jacksonville 3 days later than previously, on the morning of the 22nd. which is odd, since it should be getting close already and could easily make it by tomorrow as scheduled. No room at the inn, maybe. if that turns out to be correct, I guesstimate it should still be able to reach Houston by the 26th, or no later than the 29th. So, your specific car may be a little behind that schedule that your SA gave.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Now the online vessel-tracking sites are saying that the Columbia Highway will get into Jacksonville 3 days later than previously, on the morning of the 22nd. which is odd, since it should be getting close already and could easily make it by tomorrow as scheduled. No room at the inn, maybe. if that turns out to be correct, I guesstimate it should still be able to reach Houston by the 26th, or no later than the 29th. So, your specific car may be a little behind that schedule that your SA gave.
Agreed that is what I’m seeing. It’s all good. As much as I am looking forward to having the Macan, there isn’t much urgency for me. I’ll be happy whenever it gets here. Just need to look into rates now to see if I can get something Locked this month at a better rate than next. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Just need to look into rates now to see if I can get something Locked this month at a better rate than next. Any thoughts on that?
Porsche’s 1.95% offer is still out there through the end of this month, and I’d guess there is a good chance it will be extended. Assuming that my car’s ETA doesn’t change significantly for the worse, I’ll probably process my application for it this month, just to be sure, even though I won’t have the car until July some time; I think the worst-case scenario there is that I would have a payment due on a car I’ve not yet owned for 30 days, but I don’t see that as a big deal. I’m not aware of a better rate out there than what PFS is offering. At BoA, I would be at 2.34%, at least.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Porsche’s 1.95% offer is still out there through the end of this month, and I’d guess there is a good chance it will be extended. Assuming that my car’s ETA doesn’t change significantly for the worse, I’ll probably process my application for it this month, just to be sure, even though I won’t have the car until July some time; I think the worst-case scenario there is that I would have a payment due on a car I’ve not yet owned for 30 days, but I don’t see that as a big deal. I’m not aware of a better rate out there than what PFS is offering. At BoA, I would be at 2.34%, at least.
Ive seen mixed feedback on whether the GTS is eligible for the 1.95%. I’m hoping so!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Ive seen mixed feedback on whether the GTS is eligible for the 1.95%. I’m hoping so!
I think there's at least one user, Masscan, on here who mentioned he'd applied for it, for a new GTS. My SA has never raised the model as an issue, so I'll be a little irritated if it is.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I think there's at least one user, Masscan, on here who mentioned he'd applied for it, for a new GTS. My SA has never raised the model as an issue, so I'll be a little irritated if it is.
To this day, my SA has never notified me my pending 2020 GTS would not qualify for Porsche's 1.95% for 60 months. As a matter of fact, a week or so after submitting the credit application to my SA on May 12th, there were two new hits on my Experian credit report....one from the dealership, and one from PFS.

Reactions: John Y

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
152 Posts
I’ll add another data point. My GTS went lock Feb 21. Expected production March 27. Obviously missed by a week before shutdown. Was built May 15, left Emden May 26, arrived Halifax June 5, on train today, expected Toronto June 16. Dealer update next week. Should be a$$ planted this month.
GTS still sitting in Halifax. bah humbug.

·
Registered
4 Posts
GTS still sitting in Halifax. bah humbug.
Just to add my situation to this thread. Originally had a European Delivery for a Macan S in Leipzig on May 7. April 1 received notification that ED was cancelled and the car will be shipped to my dealership. Received note today (June 19) from my SA that my Macan S just left Halifax (enroute to dealership in London, Ontario). So hopefully one more week.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
152 Posts
Just to add my situation to this thread. Originally had a European Delivery for a Macan S in Leipzig on May 7. April 1 received notification that ED was cancelled and the car will be shipped to my dealership. Received note today (June 19) from my SA that my Macan S just left Halifax (enroute to dealership in London, Ontario). So hopefully one more week.
Do you know when your S landed in Halifax?

·
Registered
24 Posts
My GTS has made it to my dealer getting detailed and having a radar installed. I could of picked it up Friday but I can't get there. So I will have it Monday. Dealer said this is the first 2020 GTS in NYC. Sent me a few pics of it from their showroom. Can't wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice! I like the ext color and red interior combo. I went for the Sapphire blue with black interior for my S (hopefully soon).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice! I like the ext color and red interior combo. I went for the Sapphire blue with black interior for my S (hopefully soon).
Thanks! That is exactly what I am leaving behind. I loved it I am sure you will too. My only thing was I got tired of everyone knowing where I was all the time. I was the only Sapphire Blue Macan in the area.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts