Porsche Macan Forum banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Happy Saturday to all!! Just like Masscan (congratulations again!)....I got great news! My car will be ready for pick up at Atlanta PEC on the 16 September. Actual the car will be there sooner but fighting to get a schedule date was nerve recking!! The earliest was 8 September. The entry port will be Jacksonville, FL.

The process of getting a schedule pick up time is that ATL PEC will email you several dates and an a.m or p.m pick up time. You have to email them back as soon as possible with your top three choices. Of course there are other "fiends" that have been waiting months as well....so it becomes a competitive fight. My first email was of course to get the first available as my top three dates.....I guess I was too slow, because ATL came back and stated that those three dates were already taken.....ok let's go for the next three available dates....I was able to get the next available which was 16 Sept 12:30 p.m. I felt like I was at an auction lol :). Needless to say, I am ecstatic that I have a confirm date now! And I can now start planning. I will definitely provide pics of "Da One" as soon as I come down from my high :).

*****I do have a question for the group. I am thinking of getting the Macan Convenience Module by Niche Technologies $450ish (automatically opens and closes your hood of your trunk, windows and sunroof from your key fob)......have anyone purchased this? And is it worth getting?

Thank you!!
My gosh, your energy and enthusiasm is absolutely brilliant!! Love it! Exciting times ahead - not long now!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
*****I do have a question for the group. I am thinking of getting the Macan Convenience Module by Niche Technologies $450ish (automatically opens and closes your hood of your trunk, windows and sunroof from your key fob)......have anyone purchased this? And is it worth getting?
The nascent consensus seems to by "yes" and "yes."

I don't have the Niche product, but I've been reading about it, here on this very forum. There is at least one long thread on this, which also includes a link to a Nick Murray video: Niche Technologies Convenience Module

Feel free to enter, say, Niche, in the Search Community box atop most pages.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The nascent consensus seems to by "yes" and "yes."

I don't have the Niche product, but I've been reading about it, here on this very forum. There is at least one long thread on this, which also includes a link to a Nick Murray video: Niche Technologies Convenience Module

Feel free to enter, say, Niche, in the Search Community box atop most pages.
Wspollack,

Great! Thanks for that gem. I don't know how I missed that one....I follow Nick :). I will check out the Search Community box as well.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Wspollack,

Great! Thanks for that gem. I don't know how I missed that one....I follow Nick :). I will check out the Search Community box as well.

Thanks again!
You will have to let me know if you do go forward with this. I did send my car guy the Nick Murray video and he said that it shouldn’t be to hard to install.

·
Registered
19 Posts
SJG,

Will do!

Australia is dear to my heart!!! I lived in Sydney Australia on the Finger Wharf for three years 2006-2009.....The best time of MY LIFE!!! I was able to travel everywhere while I was there even New Zealand and Tasmania. BEAUTIFUL people, land and food.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought I'd start a new one, since many of us whose cars have been delivered, or were recently built, or have yet to be built, have been posting in the "February production" thread...

Let me kick it off by saying, 'It's alive!!'

My Mac was built on Thursday and the last update was that it was in transit on its manageable little journey from Leipzig to Emden; hopefully at the port already, though the official schedule is for it to arrive at port by the 5th. Delivery has moved up another week, to 7/17, as I figured; I think if it gets on board a ship within 10 days, we may still shave a couple more days off that schedule (at its longest, delivery was scheduled for 7/31. That moved up to 7/24 once the plant got rolling again, and is now 7/17).

From the data sheet the SA provided, I can already tell that it is riding on Michelins (so they'll be the Latitude Sport 3 summers) so that little mystery is solved :)

So, who else has news?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered my Volcano Grey Turbo in December. Arrived at dealer 4 days ago. Saw it yesterday. Installing clear bra and window tint. Also, bought the all weather mats and trunk liner for dealer to install. Should be able drive it home next week. Loved seeing it for the first time with all my options. Love the 21” classics, clear taillights, illuminated door-sill guards, headrest crests, and puddle lights. I didn’t realize the 18 way bolsters can be adjusted to raise and lower. Another plus! I can’t wait to try all the performance options. I hope you get yours soon! Enjoy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered my Volcano Grey Turbo in December. Arrived at dealer 4 days ago. Saw it yesterday. Installing clear bra and window tint. Also, bought the all weather mats and trunk liner for dealer to install. Should be able drive it home next week. Loved seeing it for the first time with all my options. Love the 21” classics, clear taillights, illuminated door-sill guards, headrest crests, and puddle lights. I didn’t realize the 18 way bolsters can be adjusted to raise and lower. Another plus! I can’t wait to try all the performance options. I hope you get yours soon! Enjoy!
That is excellent news!! Congratulations! Your options sounds NYCE!!

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Congratulations on your new Macan. It always sucks to see the new car, then send it off to get protection without being able to drive it.

Please share pictures when she done getting all of her beauty treatments.

·
Registered
356 Posts
SJG,

Will do!

Australia is dear to my heart!!! I lived in Sydney Australia on the Finger Wharf for three years 2006-2009.....The best time of MY LIFE!!! I was able to travel everywhere while I was there even New Zealand and Tasmania. BEAUTIFUL people, land and food.
Oh how marvellous! Sydney is absolutely gorgeous (as are New Zealand and Tasmania). Conversely, the US will always be like a second home to me - I lived in Ohio for a short while - fond memories indeed! 😊

·
Registered
356 Posts
Update - the ship with my green machine arrived yesterday! Ridiculously excited. The bad news? Melbourne is in complete lockdown because of COVID. However, I'm still waiting to hear back from my dealership to see if contactless deliveries are still permitted. If not, these current restrictions are due to end mid September, so I may need to wait a little while longer.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Update - the ship with my green machine arrived yesterday! Ridiculously excited. The bad news? Melbourne is in complete lockdown because of COVID. However, I'm still waiting to hear back from my dealership to see if contactless deliveries are still permitted. If not, these current restrictions are due to end mid September, so I may need to wait a little while longer.
Ohhhhh I think I would have fit if I knew that my new car was there and I couldn’t get to it. Fingers crossed that you will be able to do a contactless delivery. I am sure the dealer would love to get it to you so they could get their money.

Reactions: SJG

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ohhhhh I think I would have fit if I knew that my new car was there and I couldn’t get to it. Fingers crossed that you will be able to do a contactless delivery. I am sure the dealer would love to get it to you so they could get their money.
My gosh, don't even get me started - it's excruciating! I'll call the GM today and see what's happening - yes, fingers and toes crossed!

·
Registered
19 Posts
SJG I will speak it into the atmosphere that they will have contactless delivery!! So happy for you!!!

181 - 200 of 200 Posts