Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd start a new one, since many of us whose cars have been delivered, or were recently built, or have yet to be built, have been posting in the "February production" thread...

Let me kick it off by saying, 'It's alive!!'

My Mac was built on Thursday and the last update was that it was in transit on its manageable little journey from Leipzig to Emden; hopefully at the port already, though the official schedule is for it to arrive at port by the 5th. Delivery has moved up another week, to 7/17, as I figured; I think if it gets on board a ship within 10 days, we may still shave a couple more days off that schedule (at its longest, delivery was scheduled for 7/31. That moved up to 7/24 once the plant got rolling again, and is now 7/17).

From the data sheet the SA provided, I can already tell that it is riding on Michelins (so they'll be the Latitude Sport 3 summers) so that little mystery is solved :)

So, who else has news?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I had my current 2018 Macan GTS at the dealership yesterday to get's it's 2 yr maintenance done, and when it was ready for pickup, I bumped into my online sales manager Andrew who said the current status of my 2020 GTS was at "V210 - Change Freeze Point reached"....and it was due at the dealership on August 7th.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
153 Posts
My GTS is expected to reach Houston on 6/19 and be ready at my dealer 6/26.
My GTS is on the same vessel. Don't have any firm date when it docks at Halifax. The Marine websites can't seem to post the expected arrival date. It is somewhere in the Atlantic having left Emden a week ago.

View attachment 231567

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
153 Posts
My GTS is on the same vessel. Don't have any firm date when it docks at Halifax. The Marine websites can't seem to post the expected arrival date. It is somewhere in the Atlantic having left Emden a week ago.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My GTS was completed 5/26 and at the the port 5/28. Trying to find out what ship it's on from my SA who just came back to work (NYC). I guess I just missed your boat.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My GTS was completed 5/26 and at the the port 5/28. Trying to find out what ship it's on from my SA who just came back to work (NYC). I guess I just missed your boat.
The Columbia Highway (arriving from davisville) will dock in Emden shortly. I think that’s a VW Logistik ship; once it’s in port, it’s upcoming itinerary should be visible on marinetraffic.com or over of the similar sites. Based on the timing, I’d say there’s a chance that could be your ship - assuming it isn’t going somewhere completely different; since mine was finished Thursday I’m hoping that it is also in port now, and could be leaving within a few days. The main hurdle is that the VW shipping schedule no longer seems to be publicly available online, as it has been for years. Yesterday, my status was unchanged; I’ll speak with my SA again on Monday, at which time I hope my status will be “on 🚢 “

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
153 Posts
There are 4 carriers currently docked at Emden. You can find them at the Marine Traffic website. My bet is the next one to leave is the Grande Halifax.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
153 Posts
The Mediterranean Highway, according to one website will dock in Halifax June 4. It will probably then go to the east coast US.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are 4 carriers currently docked at Emden. You can find them at the Marine Traffic website. My bet is the next one to leave is the Grande Halifax.
Looks like that one is just doing short, inter-European runs; headed for the UK next.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS (V332)
24 Posts
The Mediterranean Highway, according to one website will dock in Halifax June 4. It will probably then go to the east coast US.
I‘ve checked a couple different apps/sites and they all show the last update on that ship was from 5/28. Seems odd that it wouldn’t have updated in almost a week.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I‘ve checked a couple different apps/sites and they all show the last update on that ship was from 5/28. Seems odd that it wouldn’t have updated in almost a week.
No, that’s actually normal unless you have a paying subscription on most websites - the vessel is simply out of range for terrestrial signal capture - you want satellite data, you gots to pay! It’s happily plodding along in the North Atlantic somewhere; depending on its eta, the next update will be once it’s in Canada’s territorial waters, or close to it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine landed in Benecia, CA on May 19. It's been in customs clearance apparently since then. SA has no update really, other than the dealer-delivery window was May 22-29 to Porsche Woodland Hills. That has obviously come and gone. My sense is U.S. Customs is slower to pass right now given COVID and maybe the protests. So anyone looking for an ETA should take this into account.

I wish Porsche would let me track my car better than a $5 Amazon package. It's hard to plan for pickup when there's a huge information gap.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine landed in Benecia, CA on May 19. It's been in customs clearance apparently since then. SA has no update really, other than the dealer-delivery window was May 22-29 to Porsche Woodland Hills. That has obviously come and gone. My sense is U.S. Customs is slower to pass right now given COVID and maybe the protests. So anyone looking for an ETA should take this into account.

I wish Porsche would let me track my car better than a $5 Amazon package. It's hard to plan for pickup when there's a huge information gap.
That’s frustrating, I’m sure; I’d like to be out of town for much of July (mine is scheduled for mid-month) and a clearer idea of when the car will actually be ready for delivery would certainly help with planning. But I guess it is not only out of Porsche’s hands, but beyond their control, at that point.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS (V332)
24 Posts
No, that’s actually normal unless you have a paying subscription on most websites - the vessel is simply out of range for terrestrial signal capture - you want satellite data, you gots to pay! It’s happily plodding along in the North Atlantic somewhere; depending on its eta, the next update will be once it’s in Canada’s territorial waters, or close to it.
Makes sense. Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS - on order - Carmine Red, Black Leather
28 Posts

Agreed! Just curious if you could tell me when your vehicle was completed? Mine was done on March 20th (just before shutdown) and was supposed to go to Benecia as well. However, my SA still can't seem to get any reliable information and has no idea where it is at. The Porsche online system does not seem to have accurate or updated information. Your comment on the tracking is spot on!

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
153 Posts
Mediterranean Highway docked in Halifax early this morning.

·
Registered
25 Posts
PWL has finally updated their schedules although they are now showing week 23/2020. They have the Siem Confucius departing Emden on 6/15 6/16 heading the Canada and the US East coast. and the Glovis Sunrise departing on 6/16 heading to the US west coast. I assume there are ships leaving before this but I obviously don't know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Agreed! Just curious if you could tell me when your vehicle was completed? Mine was done on March 20th (just before shutdown) and was supposed to go to Benecia as well. However, my SA still can't seem to get any reliable information and has no idea where it is at. The Porsche online system does not seem to have accurate or updated information. Your comment on the tracking is spot on!
So I know mine was on the Glovis Supreme. It went V300 "Vehicle Completion" on February 17, 2020. It left Leipzig February 21, 2020. Then it got caught in the Panama canal for 5-6 days because of the glut of oil tankers around. But still, I'm approaching 4 months since it left Germany. As far as I can tell, it's been stuck in customs for weeks. My SA is calling his transportation rep up there to see what's going on.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts