Votes: 49 75.4%
  • Forget It

Votes: 16 24.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,141 Posts
Doubtful. Weissach cars exist to homologate the cars for racing. The side benefit is cars meant for tracking exist besides the Stuttgart production cars, cars never meant for public roads, although some people use them for that purpose. What racing series will Taycans race in? IMO, this is nothing but advocacy for electric vehicles. There needs to be a reason to build such a vehicle and I see none. Besides, the J1 platform is a prototype, stopgap, AFAIK, to get a player on the EV board. Once the mainstream vehicles go EV, it might disappear over the years. VAG knows they can't have multiple platforms. They need one platform across body types across brands. For example, the same platform for CUVs across brands or the same supercar platform across brands. Otherwise, they throw money away.

·
Registered
895 Posts
For the racetrack? Lets add driverless technology (because of new future safety regulations.) Watch them electrically woosh around the track, lap after lap, like a childs toy made for adults on an adult scale.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
For the racetrack? Lets add driverless technology (because of new future safety regulations.) Watch them electrically woosh around the track, lap after lap, like a childs toy made for adults on an adult scale.

Also, when going into the pit it will be to see which crew can change out the battery pack the fastest. 0:)

·
Registered
195 Posts
they won't make it

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I tried to watch the electric formula cars race last weekend. It was the most boring race that I have ever watched. The announcers said that all the cars were the same and the race depended on the driver. Well, I don't care about the driver. I'm interested in the cars. :(

Bring back CanAm. :crying: That was racing! Porsche vs. Lola vs. McLaren vs. Chaparral.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Bored to Boring

I tried to watch the electric formula cars race last weekend. It was the most boring race that I have ever watched. The announcers said that all the cars were the same and the race depended on the driver. Well, I don't care about the driver. I'm interested in the cars. :(

Bring back CanAm. :crying: That was racing! Porsche vs. Lola vs. McLaren vs. Chaparral.
+1

100% on bored with this Formula E sucks a waste of time and the death of motor car racing if it comes to this. Glad I was born in the 50s got to enjoy some muscle cars and the new super cars. Don’t need to be around for EV racing and autonomous cars.

I’d rather herd cats!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts