Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Macan T 2023 PPGE1DZ4 on order
41 Posts
My SA told me they sold their usual annual allocation in the first 3 months of the year
That’s about right, I placed an order on 30 May and haven’t got an allocation, only an approx delivery date set to 22 Mar’23 (hmmm approx and so exact at the same time, why 22nd? lol)

·
Registered
2018 GTS
33 Posts
My local dealer had a mass exodus of techs as well as the service manager (went to different dealers). Then the new techs all got COVID and then they went to training so the front oil seal repair for me took over 2 months. While i was annoyed I didn't have my car, it was safe and warm during the horrible ice storms of February here. I waited 6 weeks for summer tire swaps. Off topic, better hope you don't get too sick as people in the medical fields are also calling it quits in droves.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Makes sense. Macan probably is a game changer for quantity. My Tacoma was just at the Toyo dealer with almost immediate appointment, so great resignation might be hit or miss depending on dealerships. Luckily supply chain wasn't an issue because they had part in stock.
That wouldn't be the case if you brought in a Supra or GR86 though as not every technician is trained to work on those models. No industry is immune to the on going employee shortages. There's just variances as to how much. Your situation could be regional market dependent too.

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
My local Porsche dealer has two, maybe 3 bays for service. In contrast, the BMW dealer less than a mile away has 20 service bays. I realize BMW sells way more vehicles but still. that's a huge difference.

OP had a warranty issue. Other than that, I don't use dealer service. And if I had to wait for a warranty repair that long, I'd sooner pay out of pocket and get it done much quicker at an indie shop.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was a service advisor in my previous existence, working for a Porsche dealership. My advice would be to hit up your SA if the service department isn't delivering the level of service that you feel you should receive. You would be amazed at how much pull the GM of the dealership has to make sure the customer is happy.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Glad I’m out of warranty. Now using an indie for service as the last time I tried to set an appointment in Phoenix it was 11/2 months out. Forced my hand and now is saving me time from driving across town. I’ve found the service here in Phoenix to be less than satisfactory.

Continual turnover of SA at Chandler, a lack of interest in servicing your car Scottsdale has led to the decision I would not buy a replacement Porsche from either local Dealer. Too bad I feel this way but it seems service across the board regardless of business has taken a back seat since the pandemic. The excuse that we are short staffed may be true at restaurants but even my bank has not brought back the staff they had before.

Greed and higher profit margins may have taken the place of service in many businesses here.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
You had an emergency! They should not have hesitated. Glad you got it fixed.
B4 they accommodated you, did they offer for you to bring it in & take a loaner for 6 weeks till they could fix it?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Someone will likely blame the delay on Putin. :)

The delays I have seen . . . and the dealer was really pretty good . . . were related to getting a loaner. Generally I could care less about a loaned except the dealer was 2 hours away.

The folks were really nice and both the service folks (after I showered them with leftover Harley-Davidson jackets and shirts) were great to work with. Their constraint, before and during the COVID period, were related to getting parts from Germany. Most notable was a $0.39 plastic "tee" fitting for the read window cleaner fluid that had cracked and allowed fluid to run down the back of the rear interior panels. Not a biggie . . . but, explained why it wasn't work. Parts took about 15 days . . . .the upside was that I had a 2022 Panamera during that time.

The Macan makes up most the Porsches produced and has, Larry could speak to this better than I, has completely changed the dynamic of the service challenge for dealers. It's a less expensive iteration of the Porsche marque which has vastly increased the number of vehicles coming in for service.

For the most part, over 55,000+ miles, my Macan was very reliable save the common quirks with the ACC and little things . . . maintenance was expensive, it is for both our Audis as well . . . but the car was a hoot to drive.

But . . . . I concur with others . . . . the A/C our in the Arizona summer is a "down on the road" (Harley speak for a bike that needs to be brought to a tech immediately, even at the cost of suspending work on something already on the lift).

21 - 28 of 28 Posts