Porsche Macan Forum banner

Porsche sales - Australia 2022

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  wwahl 
#1 ·
I find the following info on carsales. Looks like Porsche had a bumper year in Australia:
Porsche: The performance-focused brand again had a bumper year, selling a record 5608 vehicles in 2022, up 26.6 per cent. Of those 77 per cent were SUVs and another 7.7 per cent the all-electric Taycan (which has buyers queuing to own it).

#2 ·
I find the following info on carsales. Looks like Porsche had a bumper year in Australia:
Porsche: The performance-focused brand again had a bumper year, selling a record 5608 vehicles in 2022, up 26.6 per cent. Of those 77 per cent were SUVs and another 7.7 per cent the all-electric Taycan (which has buyers queuing to own it).
Interesting figures. On that basis there have been about 4320 sales of Porsche SUV's, most of which I am sure are Macan models. However, how do they calculate the number of sales? Is it calculated by the number of orders taken, or by the number of vehicles delivered? These numbers, as we all know from experience, can be more than a year apart between order and delivery, or in the case of some models can be years apart!
Don't hold your breath waiting to see me ordering an EV! They are suitable for city slickers who don't go further than the suburbs, however, highly unsuitable for those of us who travel to rural areas. The range is absent and so is the supporting recharging infrastructure! Porsche Taycan it is claimed apparently can travel 369 kilometres on a charge, although what difference will it make when you are running air conditioning and driving at night with lights operating? Those functions take power from the battery, so what will be the reduction in achievable distance to travel? Fifty percent?

#3 ·
They probably counted me twice in those stats. And I will not be the only one similar. I had T on order, and I cancelled. Then, I bought the GTS. So is it two Macans?

The infrastructure is poor. There are chargers along the main drags but … how many are always operating. And if two out of two aren’t ready you may be stuck looking for another charging station. And what if both are taken, you’re for a long wait. I’m rather pessimistic here because unlike Tesla charging stations, you do get 2 max 4 chargers in one location. Then, there is destination charging … you arrive some place, and then what? Well, when I travelled in Lofoten (Norway) back in 2019, destination chargers were aplenty. You arrive to a small village, and you’ll find chargers everywhere. Unlike anywhere in Australia yet. Long way to go.

Wifey drives Mini Cooper Electric as her daily. Love this little go-kart. We don’t need any other car to drive around Sydney. But we always come back home for the night, have a wallbox charger that uses 22kW off 3-phase home power, rooftop panels and Tesla Powerwall battery in the garage. This is more than adequate. But it’s for daily driving. I’m interested in Macan EV in a few years time, maybe 2025 or 2026 … let‘s see how things will evolve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.