Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am just wondering why Porsche is not rated (for any model) in EuroNCAP or some other official rating organization?

How would we know how it compares to oner vehicles?

Anyone any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Gorjan

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
The crash test may not come. Below is a link to a long winded story as to why. The short version is in this quote from the article. "The Euro NCAP pays for some of the cars it tests and allows manufacturers to “sponsor” certain other models. NHTSA and IIHS, meanwhile, make a point of buying every car they test, which makes the return on a Porsche review pretty crummy considering the limited number of buyers." Full story here, Fast, Furious & Safe? Porsches and Other Elite Cars Don't Get Crash-Testing - Businessweek.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The crash test may not come. Below is a link to a long winded story as to why. The short version is in this quote from the article. "The Euro NCAP pays for some of the cars it tests and allows manufacturers to “sponsor” certain other models. NHTSA and IIHS, meanwhile, make a point of buying every car they test, which makes the return on a Porsche review pretty crummy considering the limited number of buyers." Full story here, Fast, Furious & Safe? Porsches and Other Elite Cars Don't Get Crash-Testing - Businessweek.
Thank you! I had no idea on this fact.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
It didn't take long for someone to sue. I guess this is at least the second wrongful death suit where a Porsche Carrera GT is involved.

Give me a break, that car didn't crash at 55 mph :eek:.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.