Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Porsche Phone Box Registration

Beleive the booster is built into all Macans that have Connect or Connect Plus.
After some research you do not have to do anything, should be active, but must be registered with your cell phone provider ---- For ATT users, google att signal booster registration and go to the first link. There is an FAQ page that provides some answers--- excerpt below

"AT&T has consented to allow the use of signal boosters on our network only when the following conditions are met:

1.The signal booster is certified by the FCC as meeting the new technical standards ordered by the FCC on February 20, 2013; and

2.The signal booster has been registered on the AT&T “Signal Booster Registration” web site."

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I'm talking to Verizon right now and they don't have a clue what I'm talking about. :(

·
Registered
603 Posts
I registered on line. :D
I'm on T-Mobile and spent nearly an hour on the phone with various agents and they had no idea what I was talking about. Where did you go online to register it?

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I'm on T-Mobile and spent nearly an hour on the phone with various agents and they had no idea what I was talking about. Where did you go online to register it?
I registered online at the Verizon site. I don't think the Verizon site would help you. T-Mobile might have an online registration site of their own. (Or maybe we could register with the FCC.)

The mobile phone companies don't seem to know what's going on.

My iPhone is one of the older ones. I think (but I'm not sure) that I need to physically plug it in to the car for signal booster to work. Driving locally I don't think that the signal booster gives me much advantage. It might give me an advantage if I were to take a trip up into the mountains.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I found this registration site on verizonwireless.com: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/accessories/register-signal-booster/

Appears to be where verizon customers can register, but for me, it will not accept my address for some reason.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Originally I tried to talk to a Verizon rep but kept "talking" to an automated response system. About 30 min into my ordeal I was screaming at the phone. Thank goodness I was home alone. :D Finally a real person came on the line but he was clueless. I ended up finding the online registration on my own.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Is this an option on 2018 Macans?
My Macan is 2018. Porsche sent me a goody box and in it was a letter telling me to get my Phone Box registered. It gave a serial number of the box, brand, etc. So I guess the answer is yes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
gfspencer, how long after you bought your car did it take for your good box and letter to arrive? I bought a 2018 at the end of January this year and haven't received anything yet, so I'm just wondering if it's still on its way or if maybe I should have received it when I bought the car. It's also entirely possible that I already got the letter when I bought the car, but I got so much paperwork that day it's hard to keep track of everything...

·
Registered
603 Posts
I found this registration site on verizonwireless.com: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/accessories/register-signal-booster/

Appears to be where verizon customers can register, but for me, it will not accept my address for some reason.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Just found the T-Mobile site with the information in the above! Hopefully this all comes up on Google searches now so it's easier in the future!
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9827
https://www.signalboosterregistration.com/

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
gfspencer, how long after you bought your car did it take for your good box and letter to arrive? I bought a 2018 at the end of January this year and haven't received anything yet, so I'm just wondering if it's still on its way or if maybe I should have received it when I bought the car. It's also entirely possible that I already got the letter when I bought the car, but I got so much paperwork that day it's hard to keep track of everything...
I think I got my car about that same time. I just got the box a few days ago.

·
Registered
564 Posts
My Macan is 2018. Porsche sent me a goody box and in it was a letter telling me to get my Phone Box registered. It gave a serial number of the box, brand, etc. So I guess the answer is yes.
I don't recall seeing that in my goody box. I got a nifty pen though. :crying:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all.
I just received my phone box as well. I was told by the dealer when I purchased that I need to setup Porsche Connect which I did. The I need to go back to the dealership at some point and have them finish setting up the “connection”. This is an optional extra cost service which someone posted previously to enhance your phone and car interaction. I was told that the 2019 models will not have to go vbwck to the dealership to have this procedure done. Needless to say the dealer I bought this from is 45 min away for me and therefore have not done this yet. I was mainly concerned about making payments online which I can do without the Porsche connect.

There is a little pocket inside the center console. That your phone with a small cord can fit in.

Porsche realizes I am sure they are making out on customers coming back to the dealership and therefore rectified the issue with 2019.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could not get Verizon's registration webpage to work on Internet Explorer and on Firefox on my desktop PC....but got the website to work on my iPhone using Firefox.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts