Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help. I am looking at purchasing Porsche 21” Sport Classics which are forged compared to my 19” turbos which are not. Does anyone have the individual weights of Porsche OEM wheels available. I do not want to add more unsprung wheel and tire weight and my dealer has not responded with an answer at this time. :|

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
The Sport Classic are about 32/33 lbs from my recollection. Not bad for 21"wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

The Sport Classic are about 32/33 lbs from my recollection. Not bad for 21"wheels.
Thank you for the reply
Do you have any idea how that compares to the 19” turbos. 32-33 sounds quite heavy so that combo might weigh more than my 19” set. This is my concern being forged may not offset the larger diameter wheel ending in a heavier wheel combo=poorer performance.:eek

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Ok, I just weighed them again, they're 62/66 lbs wheel + tire (ContiSportContact5) front/rear. Tirerack lists the Contis at 29/31 lbs F/R, so that leave the wheels at 33/35 lbs.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow

Ok, I just weighed them again, they're 62/66 lbs wheel + tire (ContiSportContact5) front/rear. Tirerack lists the Contis at 29/31 lbs F/R, so that leave the wheels at 33/35 lbs.
That’s above and beyond. Appreciate the info. Plan on weighing mine after surgery recovery. Truly appreciate this @windblow
:)

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Thank you for the reply
Do you have any idea how that compares to the 19” turbos. 32-33 sounds quite heavy so that combo might weigh more than my 19” set. This is my concern being forged may not offset the larger diameter wheel ending in a heavier wheel combo=poorer performance.:eek
The 19" wheels are definitely lighter, my guess is 26-28 lbs, but the 19" tires are a couple pounds heavier, 31/33 lbs as compared to 29/31 lbs on the 21". As a result, you'll probably see an added weight of about 4-5 lbs at each corner.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Had the tires pulled off my Sport Classics and Turbos today, so thought I'd add a few data points.

21" Black Sport Classic
Front: 34.8 lbs
Rear: 36.6 lbs

21" Turbo Design
Front: 30.4 lbs
Rear: 33.2 lbs

Note: Weights for wheels and center caps only (no TPMS or tires)

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Draper even better info. I still have both sets of wheels and the 21”wheels definitely effect acceleration to 60. You can feel the weight of the different packages and if I was to track the car I would definitely go to a smaller lighter wheel like my 19” Turbo.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
@Draper even better info. I still have both sets of wheels and the 21”wheels definitely effect acceleration to 60. You can feel the weight of the different packages and if I was to track the car I would definitely go to a smaller lighter wheel like my 19” Turbo.
Most definitely.

Just before the snow started flying here here, within a 2 day span I went from steel brakes and 21" Sport Classics to PCCBs and 20" Spyders. I'm not sure which made the biggest difference, but I know the PCCBs are ~10lbs lighter per corner. Overall it was a totally different car.

I meant to weigh the Spyders before I put them on, but didn't have a chance.

Still planning to run the Turbos for Summer.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I just pulled the Spyders off and put on summers, so I'll add a few more data points.

20" Black GTS Spyder w/ Michelin Alpin LA2, TPMS, and caps
Front: 62.6 lbs
Rear: 65.4 lbs

Estimated net weight without tires (based tire weights from Michelin.com)
Front: 30.6 lbs
Rear: 31.9 lbs

I'm a little surprised, as I was expecting the Spyders to be a bit lighter.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Using a very accurate bathroom scale on a level concrete surface, my OEM 20" Spyder wheels with stock Pirelli Scorpion A/S tires, center caps, and TPMS weighed the following:

Front: 61.0 lbs each

Rear: 66.5 lbs each

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Using a very accurate bathroom scale on a level concrete surface, my OEM 20" Spyder wheels with stock Pirelli Scorpion A/S tires, center caps, and TPMS weighed the following:

Front: 61.0 lbs each

Rear: 66.5 lbs each
You have to specify the tread depth, too, for completeness, right?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts