Porsche Macan Forum banner

Porsche needs to build a Macan E-Hybrid

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  big brother 
#1 ·
While cars like the Panamera S get E-Hybrid tech, what better platform to utilize this technology than to make it available in one of the most smallest and cheapest Porsche's to be available?

• How many of you would actually buy a Macan E-Hybrid?
  • What would you pay?
  • What would your expectations be of it? e.x. MPG, Performance, etc
  • How necessary would this be to Porsche's growth?

#3 ·
Porsche is going to first make sure that the regular version of the Macan is doing well before it turns it into a hybrid. I think that more brands should make the hybrid version of the vehicle the same price as the gasoline version like Ford has done with the Lincoln MKZ.

If Porsche did not come out with a hybrid version of the Macan, I don't really think they would feel it much. Porsche is already doing extremely well in sales, and I don't think that hybrids and EVs are really its competition. As long as it keeps the fuel efficiency of its vehicles reasonable, Porsche will be fine (more than fine.)

#4 ·
I don't think Americans will be able to get a hybrid or diesel, just the option between two gas engines: Audi's 2.0 liter, 4 cylinder, turbocharged, 237 hp engine or the supercharged 288 hp V6. Expect seven speed dual-clutch automatic transmission in whatever you get.

#5 ·
Hmm I actually just read about the possibility of three other options becoming available: a 3.6 litre V6 that produces 295 hp, a 220 hp four-cylinder and a 2.0-liter turbo diesel engine that gives 190 hp. There were rumors that it would originally be powered by a NEW 3.0 litre twin turbocharged V6, producing 370 hp and 400 lb/ft, and that a 2.0 liter turbocharged four-cylinder hybrid with electric motor was in the works. So who really knows?

#6 ·
I think naturally the Macan gets a Hybrid variant it just wont be from launch, expect to see it 6 months if not a year after Macan is introduced. a Hybrid version could move extremely well especially if porsche designs it with sporty in mind. Electric motors at the wheels coupled with regenerative breaking could provide the Macan with a stupid insane amount of torque easily satisfying the most performance oriented buyer.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.