Porsche Macan Forum banner

Porsche macan

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  wspollack 
#1 ·
I am 71 years old and just sold my 09 911 S. Looking at two macan to buy, but undecided as to whether a 2018 base or 2015 turbo. Both low mileage, extended warranty and similar prices.

#4 ·
I’ll be 72 next month. I’ve had an ‘18 Turbo purchased new. Get the Turbo. You’ll be glad you did. I also made sure it had 18-way seats to support my back. Perfect for long drives. I average ~18mpg too.

Reactions: Marz and Rupert
#6 ·
1) Welcome to the forum.

2) Have you been able to test drive either a Base or a Turbo (any model years)? How important to you is get-up-and-go in your future driving? (I'm 72, and my wife and I have an '18 S, and that works for us -- kind of in between your choices).

3) As @///Bruce noted, it's pretty important to check out the seats, if they're different in the two cars, and especially based on how you will use the car. And your size. If you do a lot of spirited by short-haul trips, you might prefer the bolsters of the 18-way seats. If you do less of that, and a lot of long-haul trips, and if you're not all that svelte, and not all that agile, you might prefer the bolster-less 14-ways (and all of that applies to my wife and me, and we are very pleased with those seats). And if there's another person who will often be driving the car, you might want to note whether either car has the Memory function for the seats, which greatly facilitates switching drivers.

4) Are there no other options, among the myriad available choices, that you're really interested in and which differentiate those two cars? Speaker system? Amount of leather? AS/PASM or not? Color? Wheels? Just wondering (and surprised if nothing stands out, in this regard ... but it's your opinion that matters, of course).

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.