Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Evoque came first and it's not secret that every company was inspired by their success.

But now that the Macan is close to coming out. How do you think it compares to the father of the small SUV, the Land Rover Evoque? Do you think Porsche has what it takes to take the crown?

Evoque

Macan

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Evoque is a nicer car and I do really like its exterior styling. It's very unique compared to other small SUVs out there. But I think once the Macan gets out, it will blow the other cars in its segment out of the water. It's German Porsche quality in an SUV. And it's very affordable too. People will buy the Macan in droves.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Range Rover Evoque RS vs Porsche Macan?

A report released saying Range Rover is developing a faster, more powerful version of it's current Evoque, the Evoque RS, which is expected to produce 300BHP. This would be a great rival to the Macan S or which ever Macan model would come close to the Evoque RS on paper.

Information on both vehicles is VERY limited at the moment since both car makers are being very tight-lipped about everything. Expect to see more information about the two posted here in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The Evoque has unparalleled good looks. Nothing in it's class comes close imho. But the Macan should be the highest performing CUV, period.
I agree.

I'm a big Porsche fan and think they should have went for a redesign on the Macan but there's nothing wrong with sticking with a timeless design.
RR on the other hand keeps pushing the bar, the Evoque and the design language debuted on it is just amazing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
both the Macan and Evoque can be compared, i can't wait for the reviews and comparisons that will talk about them. One thing I know for sure is that the RR will be the better off-road vehicle, while the Macan will be the better one for performance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It is hard to say for sure right now which vehicle will win out. It may not even be clear in the end. I'm sure both will continue to sell well. May be more of personal preference than one car actually being better than the other.

·
Registered
972 Posts
had a good look at the evoque before committing to the macan - the boot is a joke. one of my friends has it (just had his first child) and he said his old small hatchback had more space.

a bit too aggressive for me personally; the macan is a bit of a sleeper and i like it that way :) (but it still looks good if you do decide to stare at it)

·
Registered
972 Posts
and the performance just isn't there
Doesnt it have a ford sourced 4 cylinder?
I definitely wanted more than 4 cylinders for my upgrade; over here the evoque comes with either a 2.0 4cyl petrol or 2.2 4cyl diesel :(

·
Registered
972 Posts
you'd be surprsied at how 4 cylinders can feel, best to test drive one and go from their.
I planned to but couldn't even get comfortable in the seat. Regardless it has the same boot footprint as my R and is much slower, to be honest it isn't even in contention. I only checked it out because many journalists have found there is not much else to compare the Macan to :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
What about Audi Q5? I was looking at them until the Macan surfaced.
After sitting in the Cayenne for a while I went straight to the Audi dealership and sat in a Q5. The Cayenne didn't have a full leather interior but it was still worlds better than the hard plasticky clicky tinny interior of the Audi. Everything in the Q5 felt like it was screwed together well enough, but each part also felt like it was built to a price

·
Registered
256 Posts
After sitting in the Cayenne for a while I went straight to the Audi dealership and sat in a Q5. The Cayenne didn't have a full leather interior but it was still worlds better than the hard plasticky clicky tinny interior of the Audi. Everything in the Q5 felt like it was screwed together well enough, but each part also felt like it was built to a price
thats what i always discovered about Audi's.

With german car makers, it seems like they only do they best with flagship models. anything below that is just as your described.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If the Range Rover Evoque RS does get announced prior to the launch of the Macan then I think I will have a dilema. I currently own an Evoque and love it , just want some more power. IMO the Evoque still looks awesome but the Macan is fresh and has some awesome heritage behind it. Would not know what to do...

1 - 20 of 135 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.